Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which do you choose and why!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Which do you choose and why!!!

Im looking for a set of night sight for my carry guns. My main edc is a glock 23, i also carry my 17 every now and then. I have the stock sights on both now, and the only other time i shot with night sight was when i was shooting in my qual class for my ccw permit and i shot extreamly well with them they were on a glock 17, hence the reason my 17 was my first purchase, im getting of topic sorry abour that guys. Anyways i've been hearing good things about the XS big dots on a carry weapon. Ie, faster target acquisition due to picking up the front sight with ease, more basically a point and shoot platform.

I guess i would like to kno should i just stick with a more traditional 3 dot system, or should i give the big dots a shot. Any1 with exsperiance's with both plzzzzz chime in, i could use your help... The good the bad the ugly let me kno. THANKS in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Forgot to mention i shot trijicans love em, so basically it's kinda a XS big dot vs trijican's kind of thing.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Forgot to mention the night sights i shot before were Trijicans, shot very well with them. But i must admit im kinda intriged with the XS big dots.

Basically its a big dot vs trijican kinda thing.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I use Truglo TFO sights with yellow rear and green front. Best sights out there IMO. I use them on my duty weapon which is a G17.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Also, thing I like the most about the TFO sights is that you get the same sight picture in day and night...no color change or anything.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks usmc-03, ive seen those on a glock that one of the guys that works at a local gun range own. They were really bright and he swears by them. I just dnt think i could be able to charge the slide with 1 arm if need be. But they do look great!!!. And i could see why plenty people love em.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #7

I have the trijicon night sights on my Glock 22 and I love them! They are very bright and I shoot well with then day or night

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I have not had a problem charging with one hand. They won't catch on pants or other clothing like some will when charging with one hand...but I use my duty belt or the back of my boot and it works great. I've also used my holster for one hand charging.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2062 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 746

I have XS Big Dot sites on my carry piece. That big dot front sight is like an eye magnet.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA