Do you carry at the range? Might want to consider it..... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Do you carry at the range? Might want to consider it.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
Jay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm going to the range this morning. As usual, I'll carry one of the two identical guns I use for that purpose, and take the other one, plus a few others, to shoot. Next time I go to the range, I'll rotate the carry guns. I have always done this, and plan on continuing to do so.

Some of my toys

Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #12

I only get nervous at one particular range. It's a open, free, outdoor range in the Ocala National Forrest (FL). Every type of Yahoo goes out there. Most are very responsible and demonstrate proper firearm safety, but every time I go, there are guys doing one stupid thing after another. The state recently renovated the range and in short order, the jerks shot up the new bathrooms (toilets included), the new signs showing safety rules, and of course the roof of the outdoor range. I imagine it'll be closed one day due to this behavior. When I do go to this range, I prefer to carry. I also have somebody stay with the firearms while I change targets when it's a cold range. This type of reckless use of firearms adds fuel to the fire of most anti-gun activist. Some peoples right to own firearms should be revoked!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #13

Yes i do, our range is 10 miles out of town and is home to deer, elk, cats, and bears. I also never leave the gun i'm shooting sitting there ready to be fired. You might be the best pistol shot in the world, but if your out changing targets at100-200 yds your pistols not worth much if your rifle is sitting back at your shooting station loaded. blue

Old 09-21-2008, 02:02 AM   #14

Yes. I've always been concerned about this.

Bozz

Old 09-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Pastor mentioned in the first post in this thread, was murdered by a couple of AWOL military guys whom he did NOT know.

If you don't have a concealed carry license, get one, and always carry a concealed handgun at the range.

I only take one weapon to the firing line at a time, and leave the rest locked in my car. I also park the car where I can see it clearly from the firing line, and within handgun range.

Leaving weapons sitting unsecured on a firing bench while you walk downrange, is simply begging for them to be stolen, and theft at ranges is on the rise.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Leaving weapons sitting unsecured on a firing bench while you walk downrange, is simply begging for them to be stolen, and theft at ranges is on the rise.
This doesn't surprize me, as every other crime is on the rise. I fly RC airplanes in a desolate area of town and I'm always packing a "cocked & locked". Opportunitist criminals are everywhere looking for non-suspecting victims. I won't be one of them...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #17

A buddy of mine had a .22 bullet whiz by his head a while back at a public range. He said there was a group of numbnuts with about 6 kids messing around. One of the kids picked up a .22 rifle and started waving it around. The rest is history.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

hmmm... I never felt unsafe at our range. Everyone has been so nice and seemed safe. People have let me shoot their guns, and i have shown them mine, letting them test my new toys out.

I've had the thought cross my mind about something bad going down, but everyone there has been like family. Your comments WILL make me practice securing my firearms while walking down range.

I suppose something COULD happen, but they have security watching all the booths during the cease fire. They aren't there to watch for theft, more about keeping people away from ANY live weapons while targets are being changed. But the chances of theft are reduced as long as security is watching...

Old 09-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #19

carry at the range? I carry everywhere it's legal to do so. And yes, while shooting, I always have a loaded firearm within reach, unfortunately when out in the desert, I'm almost always by myself.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingazjay View Post
carry at the range? I carry everywhere it's legal to do so. And yes, while shooting, I always have a loaded firearm within reach, unfortunately when out in the desert, I'm almost always by myself.
No offense intended, but it's not wise to be out in the desert by yourself. Find a shooting buddy, preferably two, before heading out to the middle of nowhere.