Do you... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Do you...

View Poll Results: What decides what?
The carry piece decides the clothing 28 43.75%
The clothing decides the carry piece 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6019 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 431

what i wear determined what i carried back in texas. good excuse to buy more guns cant wait for ccw here in wi. i prefer full size 1911 but i have a small new agent and bersa thunder depending on need.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #22

The carry decides the clothing. I have tried many different makes of pistols over the years. I am very happy with the 1911.
In Brommeland Max Con V holsters, I rotate between a Colt Government, and a Combat Commander. They are comfortable, and concealed.
Winter is not a big deal.
In the Summer, I wear shorts/jeans/slacks with untucked t-shirt's and Polo's.

Last edited by JEEPX; 10-23-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2408 Times on 1303 Posts
Likes Given: 693

You guys that can carry the big guns are lucky. Due to a back injury, I cant carry much more than an additional 25 oz on my belt without suspenders. I carry my PF9 most of the time with a spare mag on the off side. We get about 100 days of 100+ degrees so skimpy is the dress code. Then the PF9 goes into a pocket and I wear shorts that will accomdate it. It gets sweaty if I carry on the belt in the heat. When the weather cools off and I can wear a jacket, the G36 will come into service.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #24

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I always carry a little Ruger LCP in my pocket regardless of what else I may or may not be able to carry concealed. When I am able to carry something bigger it's carried usually IWB, and usually a small .45. Naturally I carry a full size .45 with extra mags in my truck all the time.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i always conceal carry my Kahr CW9. I used to carry a Sig 228 concealed until it just got too big. I have a standard Uncle Mikes IWB holster so i don't have the slide imprints on my fat. As far as being suspicious looking doesn't matter to me, it is called a deterrent here. Most people I know here carry concealed all thie time. Now this past summer made it really hard to lug a gun around when it was 110 degrees outside.