Do you... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Do you...

View Poll Results: What decides what?
The carry piece decides the clothing 28 43.75%
The clothing decides the carry piece 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If I am wearing my tux I would not carry a Glock. It would be a shiny stainless steel 1911 with ivory grips and gold inlays.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #12

Liked 2020 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

I have different guns for different situations. I wear slacks and dress shirts to work. I tuck my shirt in. When it is too hot for a jacket I carry a J-frame in a pocket holster. When I can wear a jacket I carry either a Bersa Compact Pro 45 in a paddle holster or my 1911 in a paddle. I can not carry at work so I must lock it up while on duty. But the gun goes on the moment I leave the building. When not working I wear shirts I can leave untucked and carry a 45 in a belt holster.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #13

Clothes dictate the carry. I live in the Cleveland area; 9 months out of the year i have no problem carrying an XD45 in a supertuck. In the summer I do one of two things. If I am wearing a polo or button down I carry an XD40sc in a supertuck. If I am wearing just a tshirt I carry a j-frame in a qwikcliip. On my commute to and from work I carry the j-frame in a desantis pro stealth (office dress code is business professional and there's a strict no guns at work policy).

Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry a glock 27 with an ITP holster. It's just as comfortable wearing jeans or shirts. I often wear t shirts or polo shirts and I have no problem hiding my piece!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #15

I let my style of dress decide on my gun. I want to be as comfortable and natural as possible. If I were going to let my weapon determine what I wore I would wear a towel on my head and a dress looking think like Osama Bin Laden or his cousin Muħammad and hide a rocket launcher and shotgun under it. If your gun is uncomfortable you will not carry it as often. The bad man in the alley with the gold teeth, gang colors, hoodie covering his face and a knife in his hand will not want an hour while you run home to get your gun.

The best gun for any situation is the gun you have on you at the time.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Do they make rocket launchers that small???? If so, I may have to look into getting one of those. That would be sooooooooo cooooool.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
Do they make rocket launchers that small???? If so, I may have to look into getting one of those. That would be sooooooooo cooooool.
I like your style of thinking young lady. You have a good head on your shoulders.

Might not find one in a legal gun store where law abiding Americans can buy it but if you combed every alley in Harlem, Chicago, Phoenix and Atlanta one of those animals probably has access to ten dozen of them. Yet liberals want to take guns out of the hands of clean living Americans and call those hoods deprived victims of society or whatever the current PC term for SCUM is today.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was reading the local newspaper online the other day and there was an article about Obama banning the Garands. You can comment after the article and you wouldn't believe all the anti-gunners out there who said they only voted for Obumma because they thought he would ban guns. And how the crime rate was down and nobody should need guns. And now they were going to have to worry about those of us who did have a license to carry starting a wild west shootout everytime one of us got mad at someone. Needless to say I had fun with that thread.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #19

Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
I was reading the local newspaper online the other day and there was an article about Obama banning the Garands. You can comment after the article and you wouldn't believe all the anti-gunners out there who said they only voted for Obumma because they thought he would ban guns. And how the crime rate was down and nobody should need guns. And now they were going to have to worry about those of us who did have a license to carry starting a wild west shootout everytime one of us got mad at someone. Needless to say I had fun with that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
Too bad they didn't require those people to post their name and address so you could mail them a copy of that article the day their daughter is raped by some dirt bag with AIDS and there was nobody with a gun around to help her.
Agreed my Lad, Agreed. Anyone who wants to take away the 2nd Amendment should have to waive any rights to Police Protection since the Police have guns. If that toad in The White House and the Walrus he's married to are so against people having guns let them save the tax payers millions and give up their right to Secret Service protection.

Since you brought up rapists I'll give you the "Elvisism Theory" on a rapist. In the Middle East someone caught steeling has his hand cut off. Someone found guilty of rape should have his Mickey cut off then be forced to eat it as his last meal before being executed. I bet the rape rate would go down quite fast.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think he should have to eat it without ketchup too.