Do I need concealed carry? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Do I need concealed carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
If you are carrying concealed, and there's no metal detector, who knows?

If someone sees your gun while you're carrying concealed, you have broken the law and it doesn't matter where you're standing.
  • Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
  • Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.
  • If you're the bad guy, draw & shoot first. If you're the good guy, draw second and shoot first.
  • Always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH. You always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
  • If your opponents didn't have the courtesy to "Count Off!" before beginning, assume that there's one more somewhere.
  • Drop the one with the shotgun first.
  • Always perform a tactical reload and then threat scan 360 degrees.
  • Before you quit the fight, be sure the fight's over. Don't stop to admire your work until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.
  • You can't miss fast enough to win.
  • Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  • Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. The best example of good training is to never get in a gunfight.

Rules For Un-armed Combat.
1. Never be un-armed.
Yup...indeed, that about covers it.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

ďThe greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.Ē

Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #32

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

My 10 commandments of engagement

1. Know your weapons you carry and know how to use them.
2. Know where you are going and how to get the hell out of there.
3. Donít go to known areas of trouble, unless you absolutely have to.
4. Donít mix alcohol and weapons, (Stay sober).
5. Stay alert of your surroundings and people.
6. Avoid all possible confrontations if possible, (If you cannot then shoot if necessary without hesitation).
7. Never underestimate your appoint
8. When driving make sure you can access your weapon easily.
9. When driving I donít listen to music, nor talk on a cell phone it is distracting.
10. Walk with confidence, (most victims are so because they look lost, confused, or scared).

It has kept me alive this long although some people tend to think I been dead for a long time, I can assure them I am still kicking.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #33

Thanks guys. There have been some very good suggestions. My plan is to fully conform to whatever the law may be for whatever area I may be living. In my mind there is no room for...just this once, I will bring my gun anyways...

I can not tell if some of you are joking ( i dont think so) or not. Being unfamiliar to CCW, or guns period, its a little unsettling to think that people are ignoring the restrictions. I know the bad guys dont care about restrictions but thats what makes me different from them...I do care. Please dont respond as I do not mean any insult and certainly do not want to point any fingers...just my state of mind concerning guns.

Grog

Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #34

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]
If someone sees your gun while you're carrying concealed, you have broken the law and it doesn't matter where you're standing.

Again, this is just in Indiana, but we make no distinction between concealed and open carry, same license works for either. If someone sees your gun while carrying, no big deal; unless you're intentionally carrying in places you aren't supposed to. Even then, unless it's one of the Brady Billy's sacred places, the worst that can happen is they'll ask you to leave.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #35
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Iowa's new law treats concealed and open in the same fashion apparently. I suppose that's to protect those carrying concealed who may inadvertently "flash" their gun, or probably when hunting as well.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #36
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
I can not tell if some of you are joking ( i dont think so) or not. Being unfamiliar to CCW, or guns period, its a little unsettling to think that people are ignoring the restrictions. I know the bad guys dont care about restrictions but thats what makes me different from them...I do care. Please dont respond as I do not mean any insult and certainly do not want to point any fingers...just my state of mind concerning guns.Grog
If by restrictions you mean the "no guns allowed" signs on businesses etc. These aren't restrictions. If you carry a gun into these places in Georgia then all the owner can ask you to do is leave. But if he knows you have a gun then you are not concealing it are you? If you are refering to the 1000 ft. shield around schools then I agree with you. In Georgia it is a felony to possess a gun within 1000 ft. of a school unless you have a ccw, then it is a misdemeanor...unless you are picking up a student & stay in your car & have a ccw...then it is OK here.

To answer another question you had...what to do with the gun when you go into places that are off limits. I have a small gun safe in my car under the seat. When I go into the post office, court house, etc. I lock it up in the safe. It won't keep someone from stealing it if he really wants it, but it will make him work harder to get it. It has a cable that wraps around the seat post to deter snatch and grap perps.

Last edited by ET1; 07-26-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi Grog, In your original post, you said "I wished I had a gun" (when at the storage) and "don't expect to carry all that often."

After you get used to concealed carry, I've found that when I don't have my weapon on me, I get a very vulnerable feeling.

I think that after you carry for a while, it becomes an automatic action, like getting the car keys. My guess is you will carry all the time.

My wife calls my cc weapon "clyde" and when we go anywhere, she always asks..."Got clyde?"

Go for the permit.learn safety,and the law and you will not regret it.

Hardrock