Which dimension matters most?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which dimension matters most?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default Which dimension matters most?

Height?
Length?
Weight?
Width?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 187 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 9

depends on whats being measured...

Brian

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #3

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

To me it depends about as much on how you live, your life style. Some can wear a jacket as a normal means of dress can CC a heavy large full sized handgun all hours away from home and have no issues. Others that that work physicaly in a t shirt can only get by with a smaller light thinner handgun. Even then you need to find a holster that makes it all come together that works year round with very follow changes. And there still maybe times when only a micro sized pistol works . There is no perfect handgun for carry.

I worked in the constrution trades for 35 years and found for me a j frame work for 20 years and now a compact light weight 9mm stricker fired serves well. Others I shoot with carry only micro sized guns or only 5" all metal handgun.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Height = 3
Length = 4
Weight = 1
Width= 2
That is just how I rank them
Weight=1
Width =2
Height =3
Length =4

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #5

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Weight is not a dimension...

Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Weight is not a dimension...
I know, just figured if I said "measurement" we'd get a bunch of answers about bust size or something like that. So I instead opted to deal with the occasional smart a$$ intent on being a dbag pointing out the obvious and being absolutely useless...

Lol

Is All good man, we've all been there and done that.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #7

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I know, just figured if I said "measurement" we'd get a bunch of answers about bust size or something like that. So I instead opted to deal with the occasional smart a$$ intent on being a dbag pointing out the obvious and being absolutely useless...

Lol

Is All good man, we've all been there and done that.
I was just figuring it was one of those trick questions, sorry for being a dbag, smart ass and for being absolutely useless, I shall withdraw from the field and not darken the doors here anymore.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post

I was just figuring it was one of those trick questions, sorry for being a dbag, smart ass and for being absolutely useless, I shall withdraw from the field and not darken the doors here anymore.
Lol

Like I said, you're fine man. No offense was taken, we've all done the unnecessarily snarky remark just to do so. I get in my sarcastic moods as much as the next. I appreciate the calling out and was merely returning the favor! ;P

While you're here, any answer to the query?

Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post

That is just how I rank them
Weight=1
Width =2
Height =3
Length =4
This is what I consider a wise evaluation. Initially I thought length to be of the utmost importance when considering concealability, but I've grown to see the flaw in that. Am now of the same mind as you've set here.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

for me length of the gun is most important for ccw. a little shorter gun lets me wear it owb with just a tshirt. width and grip length arent that important. weight is sometimes an issue. i like my ruger lcp for pocket carry because it is so lightweight. but a owb gun doesnt matter much. long as its not like desert eagle heavy or something.

we have open carry here in wisconsin so printing isnt a huge deal. most people dont notice if its covered up. they do notice the muzzle poking out as thats the only time ive ever gotten "the stare" from a sheeple. so for me length of barrel is the prime factor. i prefer to be discrete and not make the sheeple nervous.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...