Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Which dimension matters most? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/dimension-matters-most-81881/)

BeyondTheBox 01-19-2013 11:28 PM

Which dimension matters most?

Height?
Length?
Weight?
Width?

zedpapa 01-20-2013 12:45 AM

depends on whats being measured...

hardluk1 01-20-2013 03:04 PM

To me it depends about as much on how you live, your life style. Some can wear a jacket as a normal means of dress can CC a heavy large full sized handgun all hours away from home and have no issues. Others that that work physicaly in a t shirt can only get by with a smaller light thinner handgun. Even then you need to find a holster that makes it all come together that works year round with very follow changes. And there still maybe times when only a micro sized pistol works . There is no perfect handgun for carry.

I worked in the constrution trades for 35 years and found for me a j frame work for 20 years and now a compact light weight 9mm stricker fired serves well. Others I shoot with carry only micro sized guns or only 5" all metal handgun.

truevil1313 01-20-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1101219)
Height = 3
Length = 4
Weight = 1
Width= 2

That is just how I rank them
Weight=1
Width =2
Height =3
Length =4

JSStryker 01-20-2013 04:45 PM

Weight is not a dimension...

BeyondTheBox 01-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSStryker (Post 1102367)
Weight is not a dimension...

I know, just figured if I said "measurement" we'd get a bunch of answers about bust size or something like that. So I instead opted to deal with the occasional smart a$$ intent on being a dbag pointing out the obvious and being absolutely useless...

Lol

Is All good man, we've all been there and done that.

JSStryker 01-20-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1102508)
I know, just figured if I said "measurement" we'd get a bunch of answers about bust size or something like that. So I instead opted to deal with the occasional smart a$$ intent on being a dbag pointing out the obvious and being absolutely useless...

Lol

Is All good man, we've all been there and done that.

I was just figuring it was one of those trick questions, sorry for being a dbag, smart ass and for being absolutely useless, I shall withdraw from the field and not darken the doors here anymore.

BeyondTheBox 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSStryker (Post 1102524)

I was just figuring it was one of those trick questions, sorry for being a dbag, smart ass and for being absolutely useless, I shall withdraw from the field and not darken the doors here anymore.

Lol

Like I said, you're fine man. No offense was taken, we've all done the unnecessarily snarky remark just to do so. I get in my sarcastic moods as much as the next. I appreciate the calling out and was merely returning the favor! ;P

While you're here, any answer to the query?

BeyondTheBox 01-20-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truevil1313 (Post 1102354)

That is just how I rank them
Weight=1
Width =2
Height =3
Length =4

This is what I consider a wise evaluation. Initially I thought length to be of the utmost importance when considering concealability, but I've grown to see the flaw in that. Am now of the same mind as you've set here.

JonM 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

for me length of the gun is most important for ccw. a little shorter gun lets me wear it owb with just a tshirt. width and grip length arent that important. weight is sometimes an issue. i like my ruger lcp for pocket carry because it is so lightweight. but a owb gun doesnt matter much. long as its not like desert eagle heavy or something.

we have open carry here in wisconsin so printing isnt a huge deal. most people dont notice if its covered up. they do notice the muzzle poking out as thats the only time ive ever gotten "the stare" from a sheeple. so for me length of barrel is the prime factor. i prefer to be discrete and not make the sheeple nervous.

http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.c...sheeple-1b.jpg