That didn't work!!!!!!!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > That didn't work!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Default That didn't work!!!!!!!!!!

The threat 'What would you do' was lock with instructions to go the 'political and controversy' form if we wish to participate, but this is a 'private' form!!! Why were we instructed to go there if we are not allowed to participate/post??????????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #2

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That's a supporting member forum to keep things from getting crazy by drive by trolls.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

You have to be a paying member to get into some of the threads and other goodies

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #4

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

How much is it?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
How much is it?
$20/year

Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #6

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post

$20/year

Thank you. Guess i may ponder that after i get my vehicle worked on.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

I know that and I will probably pay the 20 just to support this site, as I have a lot of respect for what goes on here, BUT please don't instruct or invite me to a place which is off limits to me.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9167 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Jim- so that you and others understand-

For good and sufficient reason, a very few categories are reserved for supporting members. Last time I looked, that was $18.50 a year.

We went thru a period of what I call the grenade attacks- a new member who did not post anything about guns or shooting- but would "drive by", hurl a grenade into a political discussion, stir up things- and drive away.

Folks that were already members were grandfathered in, but folks that joined our merry little band at a later time were able to read- but not to post in politics, religion, conspiracy threads. They could read, but not post. However, new SUPPORTING members could.

When a non-supporting member is posting a topic in politics, religion, conspiracy, we COULD just delete the thread. If it is a really good thread, we will try to leave it up, but move it to those categories.

We have had FAR fewer incidents of trolls and flamers that are willing to pony up $18.50 just to stir up trouble. In short- it has been working. I would also note that several folks have EARNED a Supporting membership by WRITING a tech article for our postings here. No money needed.

Do not want anyone to feel they are being given the runaround. It's like at the ball game. There are tickets for the box seats, and tickets for the bleachers. And all are welcome to buy a ticket for the box seats, and help keep the lights on here at Casa FTF.

And I WOULD like to take this opportunity to deny that those funds from new Supporting members would be used to redecorate the Moderator's Lounge, Locker Room and Sauna.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

the reason i closed that thread is because pretty much every discussion of the florida thing leads to very heated debates and such "controversy" is reserved for the private subsection. we are primarily a gun forum not a political arena. there are some areas like the legal and activism where gun related politics ARE dicussed but anything there that gets overheated gets locked or deleted or moved.

As C3 said if you want to participate in politics and very controversial things and religous discussion along with conspiracy and a few other topics, that is reserved for those who choose to invest in becoming a member and weeds out the bomb throwing trolls.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have to add this to C3's post, that when some topics were moved to where only SM's could post there, troll membership went down. C3 is somewhat upset as he loved smiting trolls with a passion.

but rest assured C3, there will always be trolls for you to hunt.