Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   That didn't work!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/didnt-work-94275/)

JimRau 07-22-2013 10:01 PM

That didn't work!!!!!!!!!!

The threat 'What would you do' was lock with instructions to go the 'political and controversy' form if we wish to participate, but this is a 'private' form!!! Why were we instructed to go there if we are not allowed to participate/post??????????:confused:

kytowboater 07-22-2013 10:08 PM

That's a supporting member forum to keep things from getting crazy by drive by trolls.

Josh1158 07-22-2013 10:08 PM

You have to be a paying member to get into some of the threads and other goodies

phildenton 07-22-2013 10:47 PM

How much is it?

johnr1943 07-22-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phildenton (Post 1312070)
How much is it?

$20/year

:)

phildenton 07-22-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnr1943 (Post 1312073)

$20/year

:)

Thank you. Guess i may ponder that after i get my vehicle worked on.

JimRau 07-23-2013 12:17 AM

I know that and I will probably pay the 20 just to support this site, as I have a lot of respect for what goes on here, BUT please don't instruct or invite me to a place which is off limits to me.:confused:

c3shooter 07-23-2013 01:06 AM

Jim- so that you and others understand-

For good and sufficient reason, a very few categories are reserved for supporting members. Last time I looked, that was $18.50 a year.

We went thru a period of what I call the grenade attacks- a new member who did not post anything about guns or shooting- but would "drive by", hurl a grenade into a political discussion, stir up things- and drive away.

Folks that were already members were grandfathered in, but folks that joined our merry little band at a later time were able to read- but not to post in politics, religion, conspiracy threads. They could read, but not post. However, new SUPPORTING members could.

When a non-supporting member is posting a topic in politics, religion, conspiracy, we COULD just delete the thread. If it is a really good thread, we will try to leave it up, but move it to those categories.

We have had FAR fewer incidents of trolls and flamers that are willing to pony up $18.50 just to stir up trouble. In short- it has been working. I would also note that several folks have EARNED a Supporting membership by WRITING a tech article for our postings here. No money needed.

Do not want anyone to feel they are being given the runaround. It's like at the ball game. There are tickets for the box seats, and tickets for the bleachers. And all are welcome to buy a ticket for the box seats, and help keep the lights on here at Casa FTF.

And I WOULD like to take this opportunity to deny that those funds from new Supporting members would be used to redecorate the Moderator's Lounge, Locker Room and Sauna. :rolleyes::D:p

JonM 07-23-2013 01:10 AM

the reason i closed that thread is because pretty much every discussion of the florida thing leads to very heated debates and such "controversy" is reserved for the private subsection. we are primarily a gun forum not a political arena. there are some areas like the legal and activism where gun related politics ARE dicussed but anything there that gets overheated gets locked or deleted or moved.

As C3 said if you want to participate in politics and very controversial things and religous discussion along with conspiracy and a few other topics, that is reserved for those who choose to invest in becoming a member and weeds out the bomb throwing trolls.

Axxe55 07-23-2013 01:11 AM

i have to add this to C3's post, that when some topics were moved to where only SM's could post there, troll membership went down. C3 is somewhat upset as he loved smiting trolls with a passion. :(

but rest assured C3, there will always be trolls for you to hunt.:D