Defense plan - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Defense plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

I feel it would be best to at least have a "safe" word with your spouse. You wake up to a loud noise and grab your gun to go investigate, she grabs hers and takes cover in the room. Upon approaching your room again you shout out your "safe" word and that way she knows the dark figure coming through the bedroom door is you and not some no go scum.

Just my $.02

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #22

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

All my kids sleep adjacent to the master bedroom, so the protocol is for everyone to sit tight, and let the robbers take what they want downstairs. Meanwhile, my wife will call the cops. If those burglars decide to come upstairs, they will be greeted by a 12 gauge.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #23

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Who's that knocking on your door? It's Dave, man.
Haha!!! Dave? Dave's not here!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #24

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Be careful going to the door with a gun in your hand, especially if there is glass in the front door like mine. During super storm Sandy we lost electricity. I have an alarm system which dials a monitoring company that will call police if we don't respond or don't respond with the right code. My alarm system has two back up batteries, one is large and the other is small. The small one controls many of the glass break detectors. Long story short, after a while the small one got weak which tripped the system. I quickly shut it down and assumed since there was no power the system did not dial out. Evidently there was enough power in the battery backup on the VOIP phone line to power the outgoing call to the alarm company. But it must have run out after that because we never got a call back. Went back to sleep and about 10 minutes later there was banging at the front door. My wife tells me to go check, I said no way just ignore it. The banging continues, so she goes to the front door against my advice. It was the cops responding to the call from the alarm company. Glad I did not go to the door with gun in hand, might have gotten ugly.