Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Defending myself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #71
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20033 Times on 11393 Posts
Likes Given: 50540

deciding to use deadly force in defence of yourself, your loved ones or your property is not a decision to be taken lightly. a person needs to reflect upon this with serious soul searching and lots of time spent giving it much thought. the outcome is that a person needs to decide if the taking of anothers life is worth it. this decision has to be made by the individual. no one can make that decision for another.

i made this decision many years ago after lots of discussing it with my father who had always kept a firearm for SD. he told me it was a decision i had to make for myself, but he would answer any questions i had. he also told me, that had anyone ever put his family into dangerous situation, he would take their life without hesitation and suffer the consequences later, gladly. he said that using deadly force to protect his loved ones was more important than anything. i have accepted the fact that i might have to use deadly force in protection of my family, and have accepted that i will have to live with it afterwards if it does happen. the lives and safety of my family are more important than the feelings i would afterwards.

someone who wishes to do you harm or harm to your loved ones, has made the decision, to do wrong and to violate your space and liberty. they made a choice also. my choice is that in defence of my loved ones and myself, i will use deadly force if needed, period. i never invited them into my space to violate my safety, my loved ones or our lives. so therefor they have to accept that when they do, i will meet them accordingly.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #72

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Hey Bear, rekken your buddy cud train "Gunner"?
I shudda named him "Just shoot me"
I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw your dog. Haha. I'm sure he could if I still lived down south.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1650 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 809

One of the problems is TO MANY people think RIGHT and GOOD, and WRONG and BAD are synonymous!!!! THEY ARE NOT!!!
You can, and must is some case, do a BAD thing for the RIGHT reasons!! Self defense is an example of this.
Just remember, 'reasonable, articulable fear' is the bases for ALL self defense!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

25-5 Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #74

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

So as long as I'm legitimately afraid for my life/family's life, self defense should be justified?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #75

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragecage23 View Post
So as long as I'm legitimately afraid for my life/family's life, self defense should be justified?
Really too many varibles but yes-SHOULD -
Sadly the law from the investigating officer to the jury (if) gets to make the final call--You have to make the 1st call-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #76

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Carrying a fire arm comes with greater responsibility. You could end someone’s life plus land yourself behind bars... Avoid the issue if you can. Try and run away if you can and call 911, but if the threat follows, then yell stop I have a gun and I don’t want any trouble. If the person confronts you and you know there is no way out of the situation then that’s when you pull your firearm. Only as a last resort!

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member
People Like This 
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #77

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragecage23 View Post
I just bought a brand new gen 3 G21 and I bring it home Saturday. I've been curious about this for a while: when can I defend myself? I'm not going to have a ccw nor can I open carry. I have an example situation. Say I'm on my way from my house to the range. (I ride a motorcycle) I have my handgun in an appropriate bag legally separated (gun separate from magazines etc.) if the need arises can I use it then?
That's a tuff ?... If you really want that answer you should research your areas laws and find out from a seasoned LEO ... Not the rookie save the universe cop... Lol ...

Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1650 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan View Post
Carrying a fire arm comes with greater responsibility. You could end someone’s life plus land yourself behind bars... Avoid the issue if you can. Try and run away if you can and call 911, but if the threat follows, then yell stop I have a gun and I don’t want any trouble. If the person confronts you and you know there is no way out of the situation then that’s when you pull your firearm. Only as a last resort!
In today's world it MUST be your 'final option'!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!