Dealing with the weight of CCW - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Dealing with the weight of CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 01:57 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2672 Times on 1858 Posts
Likes Given: 1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
That's what happens when you rely on a memory from forty years. Mr. Jordan was a proponent of a well placed first shot.
Thus we are reminded not to obsess with "groups" and focus more on the first shot speed and placement. Perhaps second.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #22

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

[QUOTE=AmPaTerry;1615772, but why on earth take chances?

.[/QUOTE]

Carrying all of that will get you the chance to be detained and questioned by any reasonable LEO just doing his job. Yes, it's good to be prepared, but when the "gun haters" talk about the obsessions of those of us who own and carry guns, it's you that they describe. I hope your OCD doesn't get you in trouble.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Shoobee Likes This 
Old 08-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1014 Times on 483 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Check out this guy!!

US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy (DI) Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #24
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1036 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 671

[quote=25-5;1615961]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
Also check the inside flap of the front jacket, which begins:

"Be first or be dead ... there is no second place winner in a gun fight!

I do not disagree, nor am I critical of your method. Only wanted to make a point.
I live next to Chicago and do not go many places there. I would need the black rifle, riot gun, and a double stack 9mm.
We both agree that Bill Jordan was the real deal.
Indeed we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Thus we are reminded not to obsess with "groups" and focus more on the first shot speed and placement. Perhaps second.
Jordan goes WAY beyond second. In this book, "No Second Place Winner", he speaks of those that, once wounded, give up the fight and sometimes just lay down and die. He urges the need to KEEP SHOOTING, not quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Carrying all of that will get you the chance to be detained and questioned by any reasonable LEO just doing his job. Yes, it's good to be prepared, but when the "gun haters" talk about the obsessions of those of us who own and carry guns, it's you that they describe. I hope your OCD doesn't get you in trouble.
I never have more than one exposed, and usually all are concealed. No 'reasonable LEO' is going to be aware of what I am carrying unless I am ALREADY detained, in which case the number of weapons does not CAUSE the detainment. Sure, a cop with a good eye can observe my movements long enough to spot the IWB carry, but no way to ever notice the BUG or the BUBUG if I am carrying them.
And, like I already said, it was a COP that instructed our firearms class for CCW here, and both he and his assistant instructor carried and encouraged the carry of multiple weapons as a safety precaution. Both were more heavily armed than I ever am, actually. I live in Tennessee, not in New York City.
But if being well armed means we have OCD, it must be a common Southern disorder -

Terry

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?

Last edited by AmPaTerry; 08-08-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #25

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
Mr. Jordan also said there is "No Second Place Winner". His reference is to a second shot, not a second firearm.
I know, that's why I paraphrased Mr. Jordan's original statement regarding revolver capacity, "If six shots can't do the job, six more won't help."
Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #26

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I hope I never live anywhere that I feel compelled to carry that much hardware.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Chainfire Likes This 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #27

Bill Jordan did emphasize the importance of the first shot.
But he did NOT feel that one shot was enough.
He stressed that you work to put the first shot on target, so the "rest of the burst" would also be on target. He was speaking of those quick shooters that fire fast, see where the bullet hits, correct and fire again. He was NOT advocating to just shoot once.

Don't believe me.
Turn to page 98 of his book, start with the last paragraph at the bottom and continue to page 99.

If you find something in No Second Place Winner contrary to that, please reference the page you found it on.

Terry

Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I hope I never live anywhere that I feel compelled to carry that much hardware.
The second amendment gives us the freedom to "bear arms".
No compelling at all, merely freedom.

In return, I hope none of you ever finds yourself at the mercy of a BG because you placed all of your faith in the flawless function of a single weapon.

Terry

Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #29

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

am pa Why not try to Pick one design or at least the same function and feel and stay with it. No t asingle action with external safety and or striker fired Glock . Pick one and Stay with it for CC . If you cc a glock Get a 380 version if you just gota have a bug on ya too. Use the 1911 for a range home gun and dump the fumble finger wittle handgun and buy a mustang to go with it for cc . Best to become very good with one type of handgun for carry so under a high stress moment your not fumbling with control issues that could get you hurt. That's coming from a guy with 28 years of CC owning 11 different brands but 1 brand only for CC with one type of function but in 3 sizes for what ever is best for the need . I have handguns for hunting, some for fun. Some just because !! OCD has nothing to do with the south. Just a personal head game in general.

Other wise , your live and your problems. I would bet IF you hunted you would carry a back up weapon like a rifle over each shoulder. HA HA hehe

Last edited by hardluk1; 08-08-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #30

LOL!
No, but when I hunted I did carry a back up pistol; Super Blackhawk in .44 mag, '03 rifle. But that was in Alaska; no need for that kind of firepower down here.

My ideal BUG would be a Charter Arms Pit Bull in 9mm. Reviews said it loads most easily from a 9mm magazine, so would be the perfect companion to my Glock, since the only time I would ever need it is if the Glock failed, in which case I would have the magazine to feed the little guy from.

I carry the Glock for pure firepower. I would like a wheelgun for backup due to the decreasing likelihood of a failure with that action. But can't find the pit-bull, so went with the Ruger. My Smith Chiefs Special is a bit big for a BUG.

The Cobra?
More of a toy than a serious defense arm. What some folks call a "belly gun". I do not routinely carry it, actually, but have upon occasion.

Confusion under stress?
Can't happen, because the Glock is PRIMARY CCW, and it is point and squeeze.
The BUG Ruger is the same; point and squeeze.

Terry