Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Curtis Reeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
This guy is a retired cop? How about a law that states

"no retired cops in theatres"?

So now, in a prime killing zone, in the dark, during a set predictable

time of a movie showing, we are all supposed to sit helpless, because

some police officer didn't have the restraint to NOT do something

which he was thoroughly TRAINED is wrong?

My opinion?

Our country's leadership has to lead by example. B.O., put

your two daughters in a dark theatre, WITH NO PROTECTION

for two solid hours. OH,TOO DANGEROUS? Well, then

now you know how we feel...
What was the point of this comment?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
As usual, CNN started with false reporting : claiming Reeves shot the guy for texting . Later, CNN revealed that the victim had thrown a bag of popcorn at Reeves and that Reeves told police he was hit in the face by an unknown object .
We don't know the facts . If the facts are similar to the current reporting, then Reeves was unjustified in firing his gun . I'm willing to wait for the facts to become known . ( I learned my lesson from the Duke not-a-rape case, Kobe Bryant's non-rape, Zimmerman, the Rodney King circus and many other news stories . )
I also think the guy who was shot is at fault here...for one, you should respect your elders, and for 2 he should have realized he was dealing with a somewhat unstable person

Old 01-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #13

it appears to me (after a few beers) that what we have here is the meeting of two bullies...one armed with a 380, and one with a bag of popcorn...380 seemed to be the better choice

Old 01-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1146 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
it appears to me (after a few beers) that what we have here is the meeting of two bullies...one armed with a 380, and one with a bag of popcorn...380 seemed to be the better choice
I think that is a pretty good evaluation. Both of them were insulted. One was an ex-cop who thought the other guy should be humble in his presence. The other was a salty younger guy who was insulted by the audacity of the old guy trying to boss him around. One did a minor display of disrespect, the other used deadly force. It now has destroyed several lives, the dead man, his family, the old crank, and his family. Terrible shame. All brought on by foolish pride.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I think that is a pretty good evaluation. Both of them were insulted. One was an ex-cop who thought the other guy should be humble in his presence. The other was a salty younger guy who was insulted by the audacity of the old guy trying to boss him around. One did a minor display of disrespect, the other used deadly force. It now has destroyed several lives, the dead man, his family, the old crank, and his family. Terrible shame. All brought on by foolish pride.
Its so sad this had to happen, I feel sorry for the cop, and all involved...like you said so many lives are effected...pride is a weakness sometimes

Last edited by MaineMan; 01-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

I will wait for the truth to come out! Although if it were only popcorn and the young man was unarmed not hardly probable cause for the use of deadly force. It was reported that the older guy had already been in some sort of a confrontation prior and had went to the management at the theater. But whoever at the theater was busy with someone else so he eventually left and returned to his seating area where the incident occurred. Whatever went on it is simply a tragedy. And on the face was not a justified shooting. But I will wait for the jury! The young man looked like a very respectable person in the picture with his wife and child. On the negative note the movies have a message that advises no use of cellphones in the theater. If he wanted to use it and check on the children it would have been best for him to leave his seat and step outside for a moment. And he also could have evidently handled it in another way. But it still seems the incident should have never got that far at least from the view of the situation at the present.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5263 Times on 2743 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
Its so sad this had to happen, I feel sorry for the cop, and all involved...like you said so many lives are effected...pride is a weakness sometimes
There is a reason why pride is considered a deadly sin...

Two idiots in the dark..

Manslaughter without a doubt. Theaters aren't that dark. I go to more than a few movies. If you can't distinguish what popcorn is your either lying or your lying. No third option. Status as a current or former police officer has nothing to do with anything.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I will wait for the truth to come out! Although if it were only popcorn and the young man was unarmed not hardly probable cause for the use of deadly force. It was reported that the older guy had already been in some sort of a confrontation prior and had went to the management at the theater. But whoever at the theater was busy with someone else so he eventually left and returned to his seating area where the incident occurred. Whatever went on it is simply a tragedy. And on the face was not a justified shooting. But I will wait for the jury! The young man looked like a very respectable person in the picture with his wife and child. On the negative note the movies have a message that advises no use of cellphones in the theater. If he wanted to use it and check on the children it would have been best for him to leave his seat and step outside for a moment. And he also could have evidently handled it in another way. But it still seems the incident should have never got that far at least from the view of the situation at the present.

If your saying the guy with the phone provoked the issue, I agree! He even said before he died "I can't believe I got shot" he proly couldn't believe it because he got away with it several times before.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19826 Times on 11258 Posts
Likes Given: 49979

quite possibly too much emotion came to a head that night. sad when people allow their emotions to rule their behaviour. many times the effects can destroy many other lives during the encounter in the long run.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
quite possibly too much emotion came to a head that night. sad when people allow their emotions to rule their behaviour. many times the effects can destroy many other lives during the encounter in the long run.
so true Axxe55 emotions over flowing, and so many lives effected...the guy that died is gone, his kid lost a father, wife lost a husband, man goes to jail, and his family will surely suffer as well. It all never should have happened and its a shame that cool heads did not prevail