Crossbreed or Kingtuk
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Crossbreed or Kingtuk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Crossbreed or Kingtuk

Getting an iwb holster for my XDm. I carry my Glock 26 in a Kingtuk, but a lot of people are swearing by the crossbreed. Is one really better than the other? Is there anyone who has ( or had ) both?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2743 Times on 1364 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I cross shopped them both. I ended up with one of these:

http://theisholsters.com/products.php

High quality, great service and significantly cheaper than Crossbreed.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #3

Liked 218 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Theres nothing special about a cross breed. If you want the same style but lower cost get Old Faithfull holster kit. 39.oo and you bolt it together. Seems like you have to adjust the hangers anyhow so no big deal. I prefer comp-tac .

Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #4

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

+1 on the theis holster. Best customer service I've ever dealt with. And each one is custom made, they're not mass produced.

Here's how awesome the guy is. The USPS delivered me an empty package from him. I emailed him that day and he responded within an hour and told me he would make another one right away and ship it out tomorrow.

Where has customer services gone that actually cares to keep a customer? I know I'm a customer for life now.

image-661797133.jpg

Old 02-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I have neither, but a friend of mine has the X-breed and just loves it. My son has a king tuck and within a couple of weeks the leather started falling apart and some screws were coming out of it. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 221

I went with White Hat Holster. Comfotably carry a 1911 Gov. all day. At least give it a look.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the kingtuk for my XDm and I love it. My wife also had the same holster/gun combo. I put mine on in the morning and don't remove it till bed. Can't ask much more than durability and comfort from a holster. I use mine for idpa/ipsc and have never had a holster problem.
Can't ask much more from it in my opinion. I picked the king tuk since they are a local (for me) Arizona company.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

Default There are differences

I have both the Crossbreed and the Old Faithful. The Crossbreed is a better made holster though the Old Faithful is a fine, serviceable rig. I don't mind using either. The Kydex "pocket" of the Crossbreed is a full depth molding while the Old Faithful is a half-depth with rubber spacers. Both work well, The Old Faithful systems does make it easier for the individual to custom mold a holster for his desired weapon. That's a big help if you have a less common gun.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Do the rubber spacers wear or come loose over time so that the fit is sloppy? I ask because over the summer months I am more often than not on a motorcycle, and I really can't afford to lose any retention. This is a big concern with all holsters.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #10

The spacers are held by screws, so if you are concerned about them loosening, a bit of Loc-Tite might be advised. But I'd make sure that I have the tension set just right first.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason