Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   Crime Alabama Woman Shoots Home Intruder to Protect Herself and Her Ax- and Knife (

Gh0zt36 08-18-2012 08:20 PM

Crime Alabama Woman Shoots Home Intruder to Protect Herself and Her Ax- and Knife
-Wielding Daughters

Martha Lewis of Dora, Ala. told WVTM-TV it was about 3 a.m. Tuesday morning when she heard a loud noise, which turned out to be someone kicking in her door. Lewis said she called the police and grabbed her gun, then went to her daughters’ room and told them each to get something to defend themselves with. She said one grabbed an ax and one got a butcher knife.

They were at the top of the stairs when they saw a man standing there at the bottom.

“I knew when he stepped on the landing that I would have to shoot him,” Lewis told the station. “He starts like coming up the stairs and he said, ‘would you shoot me?‘ And I said ’I don’t want to have to but I will.’”

Ignoring her warnings, the man kept coming — and that’s when Lewis said she fired.

“It wasn’t like, oh can I pull the trigger? It was like when should I shoot? When will he be close enough that I know I won’t miss him? That’s one of the things that was going through my mind,” she said.

GlockRenegade 08-19-2012 02:36 AM

Hell yes!!!! She had a gun, daughters with an axe and butcher knife lol f*uckin awesome. Thats what women need to do. Let these punk druggies know that they are just as dangerous as a man. I have a daughter and taught her numerous things. Hopefully she will act just as fast and be ready

PanBaccha 08-19-2012 03:01 AM

Under terrific stress and fright she had the good mind to steady her nerve and wait for invader to get close enough so as not to miss shot. Kudos to her!

GlockRenegade 08-19-2012 03:09 AM

And shes hot... Just saying... :)

The_Kid 08-19-2012 10:39 PM

Responsible parenting.

mdauben 08-19-2012 11:22 PM

And another crime prevented by an armed citizen. Good for her.

GaryGlock 08-20-2012 02:05 AM

Hell ya score one for us finally. Way to go girl.