Crappy question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Crappy question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Crappy question

So I'm pretty new to the shhoting thing, and CCW especialy, so pardon me if this is a stupid question.

how does one conceal a hip holster (inside or out) when dropping trou in a public restroom?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

well what works for me is just unzip, dont undo your belt or unbutton your pants, and then (sory if this is a lil graphic) pull your weiner through the hole in your underwear and let er rip. Its a trick old cops taught me so they didnt have to undo their duty belt.

your on your own for #2

Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Sauce NARC View Post
well what works for me is just unzip, dont undo your belt or unbutton your pants, and then (sory if this is a lil graphic) pull your weiner through the hole in your underwear and let er rip. Its a trick old cops taught me so they didnt have to undo their duty belt.

your on your own for #2

Now that was funny

Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

When I have to drop tou, I usually pull the holster and all off and hold it until I seat my throne. Then I stick it in one of my pant legs until I'm done warming the seat. By doing this I can maintain access, keep it hidden and maintain control of it. Someone else might have a better idea but this has worked for me.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

With the IWB holster, I pull it out and put it on any elevated, flat surface. The gun, that is. With the hip holsters, it depends on how low the door/panels are in the stall, but you can generally loosen your belt, pull the rig out and put it down into the cuff of your pants. Muzzle etiquette is very important. No sweeps. And never, ever point a firearm into the toilet when you're marveling at your latest creation. "Shooting the sh*t" is a phrase strictly coined to describe causal conversation.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ryan, 6/2/09

Ah-the old tactical defecation question- this comes up infrequently on the forums but is an important part of carrying concealed.

First I try to use the stall next to the wall so that there is no one on my right side as I drop trousers (I carry IWB right side). I drop the trousers just to about knee level and spread my knees apart to keep tension on the pants so they don't drop any further down. This keeps the pants up at knee level and the pistol still in the IWB holster and ready to access if needed. When done with my business I simply stand up and pull the pants up. It is generally regarded as bad form to hang your pistol on the various hooks in the stalls, or to leave it on the back of the toilet (every now and then you will read about someone leaving their pistol in the stall or having a negligent discharge).

Generally you don't have to be too concerned about someone looking under your stall partition unless you are in San Francisco or in a stall next to a Senator from Idaho. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 06-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
ryan, 6/2/09

Generally you don't have to be too concerned about someone looking under your stall partition unless you are in San Francisco or in a stall next to a Senator from Idaho. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow
You very funny

Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #8

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
So I'm pretty new to the shhoting thing, and CCW especialy, so pardon me if this is a stupid question.

how does one conceal a hip holster (inside or out) when dropping trou in a public restroom?
Close the door.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-02-2010, 05:12 AM   #9

I unholster and place the weapon on top of the commode....Make sure you do it before you unzip the pants though, as you may drop the firearm

Springfield XD-9 Subcompact
Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag
Kel-Tec P32
Ruger 10-22
Winchester 1300 Rifled Deer Slug (Tactical)
Saiga 7.62x39