Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Covert Carrier, anyone got one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Covert Carrier, anyone got one?

CovertCarrier Covert Carrier

It's a clip that can be mounted to various handguns enabling you to just clip them IWB. They have a replacement panel for my particular gun.

Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not familiar with it but the mounting location seems like it would interfere with a comfortable grip... Also looks like it would be buried so deep in the wasteband that it would be slow to retrieve.

Just a thought

Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #3

Liked 1765 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I saw a gun dealer with one. He had it on a kel-tec 380. He was using it in a pocket though. He had it clipped to the outside of his front pocket. It looked like a pocket knife. He didn't have any trouble pulling it out to try to sell me one. That gun was just a little too small for my hand.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I'm not familiar with it but the mounting location seems like it would interfere with a comfortable grip... Also looks like it would be buried so deep in the wasteband that it would be slow to retrieve.

Just a thought
The website claims that with the way that it is contoured, it doesn't annoy the user with respect to gripping the handgun. They address two methods for presenting the equipped gun, a two handed draw where non shooting hand pushes the gun up as shooting hand grabs it, and a one handed draw...they have a youtube vid looks easy enough.....my current IWB leather holster is not the easiest draw and it is just adding bulk, however the trigger is covered and carrying with one in the pipe is safer than with this clip and exposed trigger.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I saw a gun dealer with one. He had it on a kel-tec 380. He was using it in a pocket though. He had it clipped to the outside of his front pocket. It looked like a pocket knife. He didn't have any trouble pulling it out to try to sell me one. That gun was just a little too small for my hand.
I'm sure he didn't LOL.

I have a NAA Guardian .32 and although it seems weird to have 1 and 1/2 fingers dangling off the grip I can shoot it just as accurately and rapidly with one hand vs. two. I have a couple clips with the little extender enabling me to only have my pinkie finger off the gun, but actually prefer the standard clip.

On the .380 model with standard clip only my pinkie is off the gun.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #6

Here are their instructions regarding grip....

"The technique used to grip a handgun which is equipped with a CovertCarrier is a bit different than a standard grip of a pistol not equipped with our fastener, sleeve or replacement panel.

When gripping the a CovertCarrier equipped handgun utilizing the index finger, the web between the thumb and forefinger, the thumb, and the leading edge of the palm as primary contact points against the pistol. The lower, remaining segment of the palm grips the handle of the pistol, but with less overall pressure than that of the upper segment.

The CovertCarrier metal fastener's desinged is convex; the palm of the hand is concave. The fastener and the palm compliment each other; and, it allows the fastener to be recieved into the palm of the hand easily.

Two handed shooters may opt to use the weak hand to provide some additional stability and control. At discharge, the handgun and CovertCarrier will move towards the heal of the strong hand. As such, contact with the forward segment of the CovertCarrier fastener becomes unlikely. Furthermore, by gripping the handgun as we suggest, there should be little or no intererence when securing or presenting the firearm"

Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #7

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You asked, here goes.

First this is designed for "small carry" or "mouse" guns. That means light weight, and that means a force multiplier in felt recoil. Trust me, anything that produces a minor change in grip comfort will be a major problem with anything more than one magazine of range time. Practice without it puts you in a bad place when required to use it in PD.

Second, this accessory has a model for the glock. As everyone knows, (or should) a holster that completely covers the trigger is required by glock to complete their weapon platform safety system. Carrying a glock mexican will get your junk shot off! I'm just saying Plaxico.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #8

Old 03-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #9

another option

Order Clipdraw - Universal Clipdraw Fits All Handguns

would affect your grip!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
another option

Order Clipdraw - Universal Clipdraw Fits All Handguns

would affect your grip!
I believe Canebrake has one of these on his LCR and likes it... Search for that thread or he will probably chime in...

It doesn't effect the grip.