Could You Pull The Trigger ? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Could You Pull The Trigger ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenGlamis View Post
Who in their right mind relies on 911 to save their bacon?

I believe the proper term for these people is "Liberal".
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #42

Liked 2058 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
I believe the proper term for these people is "Liberal".
.....or 'victim'

in self defense situations, about the most you can hope for from the police is that they draw a pretty chalk outline..........

not a knock in any way on LEOs. They just can't be everywhere at once
JimRau Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #43

Liked 3624 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

And, let's not forget, they are there to collect evidence. They are not there to decide whether you were in the right or not. Go back and check some of the threads relating to recommended actions immediately after you have fired your weapon in self defense.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #44

Liked 2221 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
There is case law (I can't find it right now) that states the police have no duty to save you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

There are other cases where the supreme court has ruled the police are not responsible for your safety no matter how negligent their actions were. There is one case were a woman was on the roof screaming for officers in her yard to save her from a rapist. The officers just drove off. The door was wide open. The police didn't bother to look in the house or secure the door despite her repeated 911 calls.
towboater Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2510 Times on 1505 Posts
Likes Given: 1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
There is case law (I can't find it right now) that states the police have no duty to save you.
You are correct. The courts have ruled the police have no obligation to respond to any request for service or assistance, BUT if they do respond and contact the RP (form a relationship) they have a obligation to see to the safety of the RP.
This stemmed from a case involving eight nurses in Chicago (many years ago) who called numerous times for assistance while being held against their will in their apartment and repeatedly rapped and the calls were 'lost'.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #46
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i feel i am better equipped and motivated to protect myself and my loved one from attack. also the degree of mercy would be much higher from LE than from me.
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #47
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My parents live in a pretty rural area, nearest neighbor is 3/4 of a mile. Over the years they have made friends of some of the sheriffs deputies. There is an oil well road about 1/4 mile from their house that starts out smooth and as you rounded a corner the tire ruts got very deep very fast. Lifted 4wheel drives knew they could "lose" the deputies on this road. More than once we had a deputy on our porch in the middle of the night "too embarrassed to call this in can you pull me out?". We always did with a smile. Fast forward 25 years, Mom calls the sheriffs dept and says "we are leaving for the winter can you send someone by now and then to keep an eye on the place?" They do and I get phone calls asking me if I have been over to check on the place because there are tire tracks in the snow on their driveway.

I posted all of that to illustrate this. My parents have a great relationship with the sheriffs office but they have been told by these deputies that they have helped that the very best response time they could expect was 12 minutes and that 20 minutes would be the way to bet. A whole lot of bad sh!t can happen in 20 minutes, especially with no neighbors to run to.
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #48

Liked 577 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

There are other cases where the supreme court has ruled the police are not responsible for your safety no matter how negligent their actions were. There is one case were a woman was on the roof screaming for officers in her yard to save her from a rapist. The officers just drove off. The door was wide open. The police didn't bother to look in the house or secure the door despite her repeated 911 calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You are correct. The courts have ruled the police have no obligation to respond to any request for service or assistance, BUT if they do respond and contact the RP (form a relationship) they have a obligation to see to the safety of the RP.
This stemmed from a case involving eight nurses in Chicago (many years ago) who called numerous times for assistance while being held against their will in their apartment and repeatedly rapped and the calls were 'lost'.
This is unreal and is a very old case. I wonder if it occurred today if the outcome would be any different. Then they (some LEO's) and Judge's wonder why we want to carry guns and protect ourselves?

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2510 Times on 1505 Posts
Likes Given: 1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
.....or 'victim'

in self defense situations, about the most you can hope for from the police is that they draw a pretty chalk outline..........

not a knock in any way on LEOs. They just can't be everywhere at once
You are 100% correct and ANY LEO who tries to tell folks otherwise is an IDIOT, and/or a police administrator in the large metro department.
SEE BELOW!
armsmaster270 Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #50
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3229 Times on 1968 Posts
Likes Given: 18239

My answer: Yes, and God willing, yes.

Now for my question. If I am willing to lay down my own life for those I love, what in the name of all that is Holy would make anyone think that I would not kill for them?

'nuff said.

I've never feared death or dying. I only fear never trying. I am whatever I am. Only God can judge me now.

Old Brit bikes don't leak. they mark their territory.
Axxe55 Likes This