Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could You Pull The Trigger ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

When it comes to kids and women I am not going to take any chances. I would never end up on my back, my knife is all I can reach. I would draw my gun without warning and open fire. If I went to prison knowing my loved ones got home safe it would be worth it. Lets be honest, I am a broke down old man that wouldn't live long in prison. My wife and family have many years in front of them. Every day would be worth it knowing they are at home safe and sound.

I have always seen myself as disposable. When I trained horses if I thought my exercise boy might be injured by a rank horse I took the horse out and exercised it myself. A racing trainer doesn't have any physical duties in the stable. The trainer is there to make sure the work gets done right and everyone gets paid on Friday. If I was injured I could do my job just the same. My exercise rider can't do his job with an injury.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #22

Liked 274 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 81

I will paraphrase my firearms instructor. I would be extremely angry that someone forced me to use my gun to defend myself or my family. HOW DARE THEY do that to me? HOW DARE they force me to consider deadly force?

I react to them, simple. The onus is on the criminal.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #23

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Most people with a reasonable mind will know when it is time to pull the trigger. I can't imagine being a gun owner without the will to pull the trigger. That is why we own them. To protect ourselves and our loved ones. I hope I never have to fire a shot at another human. But if it comes to that it will be because that person is acting more like an animal than a human.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:04 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19974 Times on 11355 Posts
Likes Given: 50386

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
Most people with a reasonable mind will know when it is time to pull the trigger. I can't imagine being a gun owner without the will to pull the trigger. That is why we own them. To protect ourselves and our loved ones. I hope I never have to fire a shot at another human. But if it comes to that it will be because that person is acting more like an animal than a human.
the fact is, there are many gun owners that believe guns are for sporting purposes only and that the police are there to protect you. sad, but true.

personally i don't want to depend on others to protect myself or my loved ones. that is my duty and responsiblity. i feel i have more at stake than others in this area. i have more to lose, so i tend to take this task very seriously.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the fact is, there are many gun owners that believe guns are for sporting purposes only and that the police are there to protect you. sad, but true.

personally i don't want to depend on others to protect myself or my loved ones. that is my duty and responsiblity. i feel i have more at stake than others in this area. i have more to lose, so i tend to take this task very seriously.
Consider our English cousins. They own all kinds of guns, but keep them locked up at the gun club. Just ring the authorities if any problems arise.

Sadly, there are many that don't consider their guns to be useful for self defense. I see it, but can't wrap my head around it. But it is the world we live in.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #26

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

I agree with your point but I think the vast majority of gun owners agree with using them for self-defence. I have several friends that are in law enforcement and they all say we should defend ourselves rather than wait for them to show up.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19974 Times on 11355 Posts
Likes Given: 50386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
Consider our English cousins. They own all kinds of guns, but keep them locked up at the gun club. Just ring the authorities if any problems arise.

Sadly, there are many that don't consider their guns to be useful for self defense. I see it, but can't wrap my head around it. But it is the world we live in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
I agree with your point but I think the vast majority of gun owners agree with using them for self-defence. I have several friends that are in law enforcement and they all say we should defend ourselves rather than wait for them to show up.
i have actually met gun owners that think like this. they don't view guns as a means of a way of self defence. they are viewed simply for sporting purposes. for going to the range, or the club or to hunt with, not to be used for self defence.

many of us view several or many of our firearms as tools that could be used if needed for self defence and i am no different. some of us even buy some firearms specifically for self defence purposes in mind from the get go.

heck, even my O/U shotgun or my lever action rifles could be pressed into service for self defence if needed! if they can kill a duck or a deer, they will take out a BG for sure!
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #28

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I would not hesitate to pull the trigger to protect my kids or family, that's what Mamas do, protect their babies. You can take my "stuff" it can be replaced but I refuse to let harm come to my family.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #29

Nothing wrong with a lever action. I got a 45/70 just in case rhinos make a comeback in the US, and start attacking civilians.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #30

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Who in their right mind relies on 911 to save their bacon?