Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could I have shot a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

The pepper spray that i used before we got Tasers was "Sabre Red", that stuff is about as strong as you can get without your eyeballs melting,lol

The department didnt buy sabre red, i bought the sabre myself.They issued that mk3 spray and ive been sprayed with that too and it isnt close to the potency of sabre red
That stuff is like a little dose of hell in your face.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #52

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03

Yes it is, but its ok after you run out of snot, your eyes quit scorching and you can see again, and your skin quits feeling like there is lit gasoline on it. Unless you swallow some, then it takes a little longer,along with all the burping fire,lol

Its just me but i would rather be pepper sprayed than Tased again!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Yes it is, but its ok after you run out of snot, your eyes quit scorching and you can see again, and your skin quits feeling like there is lit gasoline on it. Unless you swallow some, then it takes a little longer,along with all the burping fire,lol

Its just me but i would rather be pepper sprayed than Tased again!
I'd rather be tased...the spray burns a long time after. Neither is much fun.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #54
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:

I'd rather be tased...the spray burns a long time after. Neither is much fun.
A gallon of milk does pretty good to negate the burn. I had to sleep off being tased.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #55

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

People not stepping up and pretending it is not their business is what is destroying this nation. When evil people are not put in check they continue to get worse. You did the right thing. And dont believe any stooge that tells you different.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #56

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Your daughter comes before any other kid. That kid was old enuf to know what he was doing. If you did have to draw your glock the sight of it alone should have stopped him. If not I would fire a warning shot and yell at him to stop. If he continued down the steps well you got to do what you got to do. There is no way you would ever get over killing a kid. But you would hate your self more if you let your daughter get hurt.
I thank you handled the situation very well.
A warning shot to diffuse a situation is called aggravated battery in many places.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #57
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

A warning shot to diffuse a situation is called aggravated battery in many places.
Negligent discharge in others.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #58

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Negligent discharge in others.
Or reckless endangerment with a firearm

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #59

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Quote:

I gave my brother in law a dose of that one night. About a second and a half worth. Man, I ain't EVER seen snot like that! It took the deputy 18 minutes to show up, and it took another shot to keep him away from my front door. I guess crack has one advantage.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 07-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50043

MG, my opinion is you did what you felt was needed in that situation. there is no need for you to feel bad for being prepared to do whatever was needed to protect your daughter. yes, i agree they were just being teenagers and unruly but were still being very disrespectful when called upon about it.

DKS, it was a public place and why should the OP feel it's his place to leave when he wasn't the one causing the problem in the first place? he had as much a right to be there and not have his daughter being subjected to such foul language. when teenagers get out of line and no one speaks to them about their unruly behaviour, then they tend to believe that type of behaviour is accepted becaus no one says anything.

the teenager is the one who changed the situation from an annoyance to a possible deadly encounter when he returned with a knife and made threats. 14 or not, an individual whit a knife advancing upon me, i am not going to check his age before i do what ever it takes to protect myself or loved ones. i personally think the OP did show incredible restraint and did the right thing.

MG, don't beat yourself up for doing the right thing, protecting your daughter. you were willing to do whatever was needed to, to eliminate a threat to your family. IMO, you did the right thing all the way.