Could I have shot a kid? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could I have shot a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Above! Never fire a warning shot. One richochet from a rock in the sand and an innocent bystander is dead- your fault. Always alert law enforcement if you draw. If you don't, and he tells the police you pulled a gun on him it looks real bad for you. My two c

Feral cat waterboarder

Phelenwolf Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
Above! Never fire a warning shot. One richochet from a rock in the sand and an innocent bystander is dead- your fault. Always alert law enforcement if you draw. If you don't, and he tells the police you pulled a gun on him it looks real bad for you. My two c
Warning shots are getting a lot of people in big trouble. Remember the old man in Minnesota that shot a warning shot at the burglar who was robbing his neighbors house. I wonder how that story ended up.
I was kind of wondering why nobody called the police. Maybe probation & a metal evaluation are in order. I would also say juvenile detention center but those are just training grounds for future criminals anyway.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #23

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

MG, you did the right thing, we can speculate all we want about what MIGHT have happened if you had drawn down but that's neither here nor there. You kept a cool head in a hot situation and didn't let your emotions get away from you. That shows excellent forward thinking on your part. It sounds like you showed TREMENDOUS restraint as well, can't say that I'd be that patient but then again, I don't have a little girl to look out for.

I don't give 2 hot hensh*ts about how old the knife wielder was, if he's old enough to act like a "man" then he's old enough to be treated like one.

*much respect*

Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #24

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Protecting yourself and your family is priority, PERIOD!! a person that has the ability, the intent, the fore-thought, and a weapon OR something intended to be a weapon that can cause grave bodily harm, is a threat...PERIOD

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #25

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Y'all are missing my point. I support those that choose to carry. But this whole situation could have been avoided. I agree the mother is a bad parent and the kids are punks. But this all started over a little public profanity and in a matter of minutes escalated into a 14 year kid getting a knife. And could have resulted in a fatal shooting in front of a 6 year old. Look at the big picture here folks.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #26

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
Y'all are missing my point. I support those that choose to carry. But this whole situation could have been avoided. I agree the mother is a bad parent and the kids are punks. But this all started over a little public profanity and in a matter of minutes escalated into a 14 year kid getting a knife. And could have resulted in a fatal shooting in front of a 6 year old. Look at the big picture here folks.
He tried to avoid the situation. People letting morons be morons at others expense is ruining this country.
Many altercations are a result of some petty little thing. "You lookin at my wife" has gotten a lot of people killed, even though she's dressed in revealing clothes.

Feral cat waterboarder

Phelenwolf Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #27

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895 View Post
The question was "What would you have done"...you answered it...several times, let it go. If you choose not to carry because it's "too much responsibility" that's fine, but don't try to stir the pot.

Might want to re-define your opinion of "cold blooded" as well, shooting a knife wielding wannabe is NOT in cold blood...

Last edited by vincent; 07-17-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Phelenwolf Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #28

Liked 4538 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
Your point being we should let people act like morons and bother us because it 'could' escalate?

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Phelenwolf Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895 View Post
But this whole situation could have been avoided.. correct. had those teens been polite and refrained when they were asked to keep it down the first time the whole event would not have taken place.
the big picture? this situation ended before anything really bad happenend... it almost didnt.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #30

Liked 4538 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1030

I wonder how many times my dad almost shot me?!

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.