Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could I have shot a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i believe most LEO use the 21 foot rule, because the ones here in Texas do. inside 21 feet, and armed with a knife, and they don't comply with an order to drop it and advance, they are more than likely to get shot.
Sorry fo double post but this is what I was thinking.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #152

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Being in my late teens, myself, I can say that this behavior is unsurprising. The younger generations growing up now are becoming less moral and more "vicious". They act like they run the world. Hopefully most of em will grow up and get a life.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #153

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm a corrections officer and deal with juveniles often. Some of these trouble makers who don't look like much brag about carrying screw drivers and similar stabbing implements. They also like to goad people into fights and outnumber them. This group harassment behavior is predatory and people do need to step up and put a stop to it. I wish parents would take more responsibility for their kids, maybe we would have less in the system. That being said, if it had been me, I would have drawn down on anyone coming at my daughter and myself, regardless of age, sex, or race.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #154

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Being in my late teens, myself, I can say that this behavior is unsurprising. The younger generations growing up now are becoming less moral and more "vicious". They act like they run the world. Hopefully most of em will grow up and get a life.
I'm only in my late 20's. Something I've learned, and it seems as though you may already be learning; the older you get, the more you realize just how freaking stupid you really are.

I still have much to learn about the world around me, and about myself in general. I already know a lot. But, as I'm fond of saying, "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #155
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20073 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50627

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm only in my late 20's. Something I've learned, and it seems as though you may already be learning; the older you get, the more you realize just how freaking stupid you really are.

I still have much to learn about the world around me, and about myself in general. I already know a lot. But, as I'm fond of saying, "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."
some grow out of the stupidity and grow up and start to act somewhat responsible, some don't. prison's are full of two types of people, stupid people and people who did something stupid. the stupid ones usually get to go back for a return engagement, and the ones who just made a stupid mistake learn from that mistake.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #156

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

some grow out of the stupidity and grow up and start to act somewhat responsible, some don't. prison's are full of two types of people, stupid people and people who did something stupid. the stupid ones usually get to go back for a return engagement, and the ones who just made a stupid mistake learn from that mistake.
I have "outgrown" my young stupidity. I already have worked 5 jobs, with one part time, and two seasonal full time. I have learned responsibility, and have a great college education lined up. I'm actually tryin to make a life for myself, not partying, getting high, and having sex every second.
Unfortunately, however, there are a lot of the stupid ones within the upcoming youth generations. Some you just know can't be changed.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #157

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895 View Post
father kill a boy in cold blood.
When you pick up a weapon and contemplate using it (Youngster holds knife) you take your own life into your own hands. Look up Tueller knife attack.

eldar

Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #158
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20073 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50627

Quote:
I have "outgrown" my young stupidity. I already have worked 5 jobs, with one part time, and two seasonal full time. I have learned responsibility, and have a great college education lined up. I'm actually tryin to make a life for myself, not partying, getting high, and having sex every second.
Unfortunately, however, there are a lot of the stupid ones within the upcoming youth generations. Some you just know can't be changed.
problem is, then you are a minority in your generation! and you are part of the few and not the many who do think of nothing but themselves and acting stupid. just keep yourself focused on your goals and abide by the rules and treat others with respect, and you will succeed in life.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #159

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

I don't understand why make a big deal about the kids cussing. Get over it, the child was no more the wiser and is bound to hear it soon enough anyway. Get over it, it's a stupid word and you give it the power by making it so taboo. That's on you.

I'm not going to excuse the teens behavior later. I was once a teenager who cursed like there was no tomorrow. I was approached by adults with children and as long as they asked with respect to their child that I desist in my current course of action I would do so as a mutual respect. This doesn't sound like the case. This sounds like your average self righteous rant by someone who puts way to much weight in a word and overreacts to the use of it around a child who had probably already heard it from mom and dad but definitely elsewhere anyway.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #160

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

You should rethink the sex part.