Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could I have shot a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895

Garadex...you are exactly right. My apologies if my statement offended you.
It's good. I had a stressful day and was up in arms about anything.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #142
Home Sweet Home!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16977 Times on 9833 Posts
Likes Given: 44231

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
Interesting thread.
One thing I'd like to add (just food for thought) is the "21 foot rule" related to encounters with an edged weapon (Tueller)
i believe most LEO use the 21 foot rule, because the ones here in Texas do. inside 21 feet, and armed with a knife, and they don't comply with an order to drop it and advance, they are more than likely to get shot.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #143

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Funny you should bring that up Axxe. I don't know if the story made it to your neck of the woods, but evidence of your claim played on the Austin area news just two nights ago. Security guards gunned down a man wielding a knife. He was in the red zone and apparently didn't listen too good!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #144
Home Sweet Home!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16977 Times on 9833 Posts
Likes Given: 44231

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdIron44 View Post
Funny you should bring that up Axxe. I don't know if the story made it to your neck of the woods, but evidence of your claim played on the Austin area news just two nights ago. Security guards gunned down a man wielding a knife. He was in the red zone and apparently didn't listen too good!
ColdIron, i hadn't heard about that one yet. but it just reinforces the old saying, "don't bring a knife to a gunfight"

Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #145

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Well let me say this first, You tell story well I got deep into your story as if I was there lol. But you did right, me if he would have rush me I would have kick him center mass so hard he would have wish I shot him. But you had your lil one so first mission was to protect baby girl which you did, next mission was insure your own safety as well and you did by putting your hand on your gun. Its all about the you never know, but I think you easily could have disarm him and made him scream uncle but I change my first post not to sound like a bad person...

Last edited by Glock17owner; 07-29-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #146

[QUOTE=towboater;872612]Kill a boy in cold blood.

What a joke. A 14 year old with a knife can kill you.
Ya sound like a Travin Martin sympathizer.[/QUOT

yes, he did exactly what he should have: protected his family....he get's my respect, absolutely.
You, however, are the joke.....wth do you mean by (I'll correct your spelling in my quote) a "Trayvon Martin sympathizer"? Do you mean sympathizing with, dare I say it, a black kid?!! You idiot, the dispatch told him to leave it alone, but he wanted to be billy badass....
Sorry to leave the real issue for a minute...you, OP, did a great job!

Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #147

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
People not stepping up and pretending it is not their business is what is destroying this nation. When evil people are not put in check they continue to get worse. You did the right thing. And dont believe any stooge that tells you different.
You hit the nail on the head here.

MountaineerGlocker, you did what you had to do to protect you and your family. Right or wrong, no one has the right to threaten you or your family, no matter what there age is. Pulling a weapon, is pulling a weapon, whether it is a gun, a knife or a bat.

Not to change the subject but I had the same problem eating dinner with my 5 kids one night in a very crowded resturant with a young women of about 22/23. She was sitting across from me and my family cussing up a storm on the phone while she was trying to eat and feed her 3 small kids, they looked like they were ages 5, 3, and 1.

She was there before I arrived so I do not know how long she had been there but after 3 or 4 F-bombs in less then a minute I asked her to please stop using such language. She gave me one of those FU looks and kept on. I asked her to please stop and she continued going on for about 5 minutes. Finally, I looked at her and told her enough is enough shut your mouth there are people here trying to eat a nice dinner. She looked at me while still on the phone and told the person on the other end "I will have to call you back, some a**hole is giving me a hard time and we are leaving."

I sat there stuned. I looked at her and told her "That my be what you think but at least I know what respect is. At least I know the difference between right and wrong and I know how to act in public and most important, how to act in front of my kids. Thank you very much."

It was funny because the look in her eyes was that of someone that did not understand a word that I had said to her. So while she was struggling to gather up her 3 small children I saw she was having a hard time, so being raised the way I was, I offered to help her because I know how hard it is to gather up kids of that age. WOW, did I get a big FU look from her.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was after she left a couple of different people told me "I am glad you said something because if you would not have said something I was going to." I looked at all of them and said "Then why did you not?"

Sorry for the long post. But this is what is wrong with people now a day's, no one is willing to step up and say anything to anyone because they do not want to get involved. For me growing up it was common knowledge that if my brother's or I did anything wrong were in trouble because someone always found out or saw us and said "I know who your mom is and I am going to call her." What was worse then that was if they knew my grandfather!!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2233 Times on 1452 Posts

Good story, wolf. The scariest part she is raising three more, imo.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #149

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Once again it appears those of us who believe morals and values should take precedence and be taught in the home. Will forever have to deal with low life scums who live the life of ignorance and entitlement. My guess is we are supporting this woman and her three children you are referring too and will continue to do so until we force an instrumental change in our government. Come to think of it she may even be a relative to the Obamas.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #150

Liked 140 Times on 99 Posts

Being a new parent of a 7 Mon. Old girl I can put myself in your shoes, and I would have acted in the same way for sure. I think the moment I saw that knife I would have drawn my weapon, kudos for keeping your head on.