Could I have shot a kid? - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Could I have shot a kid?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

You mean those "motivational" posters correct? Someone here knows how to do it I'm sure. When it gets posted up, I want it too.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895 View Post
Teenagers use profanity...it's a fact of life. .
This bothers me. I am a teenager, 17 years old, I don't use profanity, my friends don't. Please don't group my friends and I with the other idiots that the OP had to deal with. It makes me irate when I see adults jaded against teens because of their general assumption that all kids are idiots.
__________________
I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.
Garadex is offline  
Phelenwolf Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5741 Times on 3365 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
This bothers me. I am a teenager, 17 years old, I don't use profanity, my friends don't. Please don't group my friends and I with the other idiots that the OP had to deal with. It makes me irate when I see adults jaded against teens because of their general assumption that all kids are idiots.
It is a fact of life that we, as a population, group ourselves generationally; don't let it bother you. When you get to be 35, you will probably feel the same way.

Generalizations are there for a reason; they represent the "norm". I was once a tax auditor, but i wasn't soulless. I like cats, but i'm not a lil old hermit. I like firearms and enjoy some hunting, but i don't eat meat much. such is life.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1962 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You mean those "motivational" posters correct? Someone here knows how to do it I'm sure. When it gets posted up, I want it too.
I think Aaron (Texaswoodworker) knows how to do it...IIRC he did one for Orangello about a bear...of course
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5741 Times on 3365 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'd shoot freaking bowling balls if I could.
Hater! What did bowling balls ever do to you?
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #126
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dks7895's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Charles,Missouri
Posts: 469
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
This bothers me. I am a teenager, 17 years old, I don't use profanity, my friends don't. Please don't group my friends and I with the other idiots that the OP had to deal with. It makes me irate when I see adults jaded against teens because of their general assumption that all kids are idiots.
Garadex...you are exactly right. My apologies if my statement offended you.
dks7895 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #127
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex

This bothers me. I am a teenager, 17 years old, I don't use profanity, my friends don't. Please don't group my friends and I with the other idiots that the OP had to deal with. It makes me irate when I see adults jaded against teens because of their general assumption that all kids are idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

It is a fact of life that we, as a population, group ourselves generationally; don't let it bother you. When you get to be 35, you will probably feel the same way.

Generalizations are there for a reason; they represent the "norm". I was once a tax auditor, but i wasn't soulless. I like cats, but i'm not a lil old hermit. I like firearms and enjoy some hunting, but i don't eat meat much. such is life.
He'll probably feel that way by the time he's 20. I did.
Heck I was 19, had just come back from Afghanistan, went to the mall, and the first words out of my mouth were "stupid GD kids.."
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #128
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Hater! What did bowling balls ever do to you?
I meant FROM a gun...
I would love a gun that fires 15 pound projectiles at 1000 fps, in a concealed carry package.
But maybe a phaser is more plausible...
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #129
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdIron44 View Post
Side note: Will somebody please create one of those dramatic 1911 pictures on a black background that reads, "230 grains of instant act right" in white Times New Roman? Y'all know the picture I'm talking about. Pure genius Mr. Wray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You mean those "motivational" posters correct? Someone here knows how to do it I'm sure. When it gets posted up, I want it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I think Aaron (Texaswoodworker) knows how to do it...IIRC he did one for Orangello about a bear...of course
How's this?
1911a1.jpg  
texaswoodworker is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #130
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

He'll probably feel that way by the time he's 20. I did.
Heck I was 19, had just come back from Afghanistan, went to the mall, and the first words out of my mouth were "stupid GD kids.."
I hear that...I'm 28 and I feel the same way. Even had to tell some rowdy teens at DQ to shut the heck up after hearing them drop the f bomb and numerous others while my wife and 3 yr old son and I had some ice cream. Don't get me wrong I cuss like a sailor, well a truck driver at least, but I don't do it in front of my son or anyone else's kids. I consider myself to be a respectful person.


BTW trip, thanx for your service, its an honor to be a fellow member of this site with you.

I won't pretend like I know how the op feels as I've never been in that situation where the "bg" was just a kid. A buddy of mine and I were once mugged, if you could call it that but it ended with no lose of life for anyone.
__________________
Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 07-24-2012 at 01:22 AM.
dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
5 shot .38 spl vs. 8 shot .22 mag pluspforyou38 Revolver Handguns 12 05-31-2012 02:28 AM
Kel Tec KSG 14 shot pump shot gun Rex in OTZ General Shotgun Discussion 6 08-03-2011 07:43 AM
Would you have shot this guy? cbw Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 22 07-16-2009 11:42 AM
7 shot cylinder in a 6 shot course of fire fitzy Revolver Handguns 1 01-31-2008 11:07 PM



Newest Threads