Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Could I have shot a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #101
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

Gunrunner nailed it. First, there 15 yr olds out there that top 6 ft and 200 lbs. And I could introduce you to some 12 yr olds that are stone cold predators.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #102

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The evidence seems to fully support Mr. Zimmerman. If I was in the same situation I would have done the same thing. If more law abiding citizens had their CCW and used it as Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Williams recently did during the internet cafe. I firmly believe we would see a drop in crimes involving these gang banging punks. The old saying holds true rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #103
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
230 grains of instant act right.
Awesome! Mind if I steal that and put it on a plaque?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #104

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Awesome! Mind if I steal that and put it on a plaque?
No, go ahead :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
No, go ahead :-)
Awesome. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #106

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I will double tap anything that threatens my family or myself..........................I hesitate to think of Zimmerman as anything helpful to the sensible legal carrying of firearms.....

Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #107

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01 View Post
I will double tap anything that threatens my family or myself..........................
Quote:
I hesitate to think of Zimmerman as anything helpful to the sensible legal carrying of firearms
Speaking of sensible

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #108

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The level of restraint you used exemplifies the type of person you are. There are many out there who would have drawn down on him as soon as he appeared atop the steps wielding a knife.
I tend to place a lot of our juvenile issue at the feet of our libertarian society. The constant pacification of the juveniles today along with the fact that parents seem to have forgotten it is their job to indoctrinate such things as morals and values continues this downward spiral. So regardless of what transpired that day at the swimming hole, the only hope for society is more people being willing to do what needs to be done.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #109

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
You asked for opinions....so here is mine. This is why I choose not to carry. It is too much responsibility and if you pull it out...you better be prepared to use it with deadly force. Firing a warning shot is the worst idea. You can get yourself in a lot of trouble for that. Even pulling or flashing your gun will get you in a heap of trouble. I have 3 daughters so I get the parenting thing. I would have taken my child to the opposite end of the swim area and enjoyed the water. You could either ignore the cussing and hope your daughter does as well. Or you take the opportunity to explain to your daughter how not to behave. You had no right to disipline those other kids and your attempt only made it worse. As a last resort, you could have left and gone to the playground. Obviously the kid was stopped by a mother's back hand....so I think a .40S&W is a little overkill. I think your daughter would suffer much more seeing her father kill a boy in cold blood compared to hearing a few f bombs. I am sure that many will disagree with me....and that's fine. You asked for opinions, and this is mine.
I respect the fact that you expressed your opinions however I think it is liberal mind set that is driving society completely in the wrong direction. So walk away, no right correcting another hmmm. What are you going to do when a young man dating your daughter thinks he can take additional liberties? Still think you have no rights to correct him? If more people stood up and re-enforced the basic values it can only benefit. Now we can use the wide brush technique and say it is usually the woman who has 6 kids from 12 different men on government assistance that continues to breed this in society but it is not I see it all over. *******s come in all race, religion, creed and color and they tend to breed the same.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #110

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

230 grains of act right? Good stuff, it does sound better than 115 or 165 grains doesn't it? I may have to get a .45 yet. Dtk - If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. And Id say the emotional and physical safety of your family would be a good place to start. I also have a tough time with your definition of cold blood, the kid almost found out the hard way that he brought a knife to a gun fight , but that's not cold blood. You seem like an " equal or lesser force " proponent to me . I'm sure as hell not gonna go knife to knife with someone when I have a perfectly good handgun with me.