Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > a cop drop his gun in a mall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

cops are fat because they hang out at dunkin! dont you know that! everything outta wack in MILWAUKEE city Gov't!!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I agree- you use a holster. Grown ups carry guns- and as a grownup, you are supposed to be a responsible person. (altho my grandkids swear i am proof that it is never too late to have a happy childhood)

The problem I have with the story on its very face- this was a duty weapon that was "dropped" and discharged? WHAT?!?!?

Yes, I have dropped firearms- ranging from a .22 pistol to a belt fed MG. If you have never dropped a gun, you ain't been doing it long enough- you will. Yes, you weep over it later. I have had a service revolver come out of the holster during a foot chase, and get KICKED (sob!) sending it skittering down the sidewalk.

I have NEVER had a gun FIRE because I dropped it. So- what am I missing here?
QFTMFT!

I, often, demonstrate my RIA 1911 by clearing it (for safety reasons), then dropping it on pavement, throwing it, and just generally beating the hell out of it. I've sold quite a few of them that way. When I'm done, I load it back up and re-holster. That's what I carry, and that's what I trust my life with.

Something about the initial post wreaked of BS until someone posted the link to the story. Looked like yet another way to bash cops on FTF... it's getting old.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #53
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
QFTMFT!

I, often, demonstrate my RIA 1911 by clearing it (for safety reasons), then dropping it on pavement, throwing it, and just generally beating the hell out of it. I've sold quite a few of them that way. When I'm done, I load it back up and re-holster. That's what I carry, and that's what I trust my life with.

Something about the initial post wreaked of BS until someone posted the link to the story. Looked like yet another way to bash cops on FTF... it's getting old.
its a real story. it was ALL OVER the media here right until it was learned the guy was a mpd supervisor, then nothing. the tv news was all "SEEEEEEEE!!!! CCW is evilllll!" then they all shut up when the truth came out.

milwaukee is possibly on of the most corrupt and vile cities there is. pretty much everyone from dog catcher to mayor is only there to rip the taxpayers off.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Taling about the Mayor he wants to waste more $$$ in a downtown trolly!
the things that come out of Milwaukee just AMAZE me! they ALL have the people that live in that rat hole eating out of their hands.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #55

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

The fact is...MOST people wouldn't be charged criminally if they were carrying legally. Obviously, if any property damage were done, and I can assume there WAS since I understand it happened inside a structure, he would be on the hook for repair (which is only right), and it would be a civil matter.

True...there ARE charges that could be filed...BUT...absent injury and with no malicious intent most folks would get a "Shame on you for being stupid" lecture. He will PROBABLY catch a departmental rip and MAYBE get some time off without pay...which he should. I'd make him go through the ENTIRE pistol course at the academy again with newb recruits...but that's just me.

Why he wasn't carrying in a holster is anybody's guess. Our department MANDATED holster carry, which I totally agree with. My pocket BUG is always in a holster and I don't (WON'T) own a holster that doesn't cover the trigger guard. Tucking your pistol in your waistband may "look" cool to movie goers and "LETHAL WEAPON" fans...but it's nitwittery.

As for the DEA Agent who shot himself in the foot...double dumbass shame on him for being stupid. There was NO reason for him to take his "Fotay" out of it's holster in a classroom full of kids. If he wanted to show them a gun...he should have used a de-activated armorer's model.

Cops aren't perfect people, though we ARE held to a higher standard, and realistically should be. BUT...that being said...all the anti-cop flamers really can plant a smoochie on my tooshy. I have found the vast majority of cop flamers are jealous and really would like to be a cop but for whatever reason can't be. You have to EARN your badge. They don't hand them out to every nitwit who asks for one. True...some nitwits DO slip through the cracks...I know, I had to work with some of them. The reality is....they wind up going into management...or flaming out and going to work in the public sector.

Personally, I have cut breaks to civilians a LOT more often than I ever cut a break to other officers. I arrested an off-duty officer FROM MY DIVISION for DUI one night. I could have simply driven him home...but I always had ZERO tolerance for DUI. The fact that he was a douchetard notwithstanding. Especially since ALL he would have had to do is call one of us that were on duty and ask for a ride home or called a cab (cab companies here will give you a free ride back to your car in the morning if you call them!). My friends, even the non-cop type know that ALL they need to do is call me and I don't care what time it is, and I will go get them and bring them home.

The arrest didn't make me particularly popular with some others, but MOST of the people with whom I worked respected my decision. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.

If you don't DO THE JOB...you don't have a clue about the job. Big freakin' deal if your cousin's husband used to be a cop so now you know it all...you don't know how hard it is just to DO THE JOB nowadays. Everyone second guesses EVERY decision you have to make RIGHT THE **** NOW from the luxurious position of a recliner or from watching a 15 second soundbyte on the evening news, then of course you rush to judgement before ANY of the facts are in between your seventh and eighth beer and slice of pizza while your guts grows ever farther past your belt line.

So, no, I am not defending the officer who dropped his weapon. Shame on him for being stupid. But I AM defending the job I did for over two decades. If you want to criticize ALL cops, get off your dead ass and try to BE one, then tell me how easy we have it.
Well said. I'd have to agree with it. I never have understood the theory dome people have such as:

"Cops knowingly put themselves in that position so they not only deserve, but should expect, to be scrutinized for everything. "

I think that rationale is blatantly irrational. I think that police deserve the utmost respect for what they do, just the same as military.

Thanks for your service!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton