Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   a cop drop his gun in a mall (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/cop-drop-his-gun-mall-51172/)

lonewolf101 11-04-2011 10:24 PM

a cop drop his gun in a mall

A cop who was not on duty droped his off duty weapon and it went off! now this cop was not charged or giving a ticket or nothing the police dept. sweap it under the rug AS NO BIG DEAL!. Now if you or me went into the mall and had a wis.CCW and one of us drop his gun then you know what will happend.

this stuff just TICKS me off!. special treament for wearing a badge.

JonM 11-04-2011 10:31 PM

he stuck his hand in his pocket and yanked the trigger fishing for change according to tmj4.

but yeah anyone else woulda been in jail. and everyone in earshot woulda been sueing for everything under the sun the guy owned.

lonewolf101 11-04-2011 10:45 PM

yeah I just dont like it when people put a cop on a PEDASTAL like they are something special.

dragunovsks 11-05-2011 12:38 AM

Where did the round go?

CourtJester 11-05-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 619470)
yeah I just dont like it when people put a cop on a PEDASTAL like they are something special.

I'm in full agreement.
Pisser of it is; He probably thinks all others are irresponsibly gun owners

lonewolf101 11-05-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 619542)
Where did the round go?

I herd it went into the floor.

BenLuby 11-05-2011 02:22 AM

I know I'll pay ten pounds of hell for this, but I have to say it. I cannot see any intelligent reason to carry and NOT have it in a holster. If you can't get it in a holster, even an ankle holster, leave the damn thing at home, or at the very least, DON'T have a round chambered.

Rick1967 11-05-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenLuby (Post 619611)
I know I'll pay ten pounds of hell for this, but I have to say it. I cannot see any intelligent reason to carry and NOT have it in a holster. If you can't get it in a holster, even an ankle holster, leave the damn thing at home, or at the very least, DON'T have a round chambered.

I agree. I carry in a pocket a lot. But it is in a pocket holster.

orangello 11-05-2011 03:03 AM

That is disappointing. I hope that he will, at the very least, be required to get some additional firearms safety training.

What would a regular citizen be charged with, a misdemeanor for firing a firearm in town or what?

BenLuby 11-05-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 619634)
That is disappointing. I hope that he will, at the very least, be required to get some additional firearms safety training.

What would a regular citizen be charged with, a misdemeanor for firing a firearm in town or what?

Reckless endangerment comes to mind. Also discharging in city limits. Probably a few others that the LEO's on here can come up with.