A conversation with a coworker - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A conversation with a coworker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well said Paladin. i agree with you on this. being prepared for the unexpected is not the same as looking for trouble. just because i wear a seatbelt, doesn't mean i go out looking to play demolition derby! just the same as a CC. as i heard another member put it, that made perfect sense, he didn't go anywhere with a CC, that he wouldn't go unarmed. shows he isn't looking for some excuse touse his firearm.

i also believe that if more people carried concealed, then the criminals would be wary, just because they would wonder who might be carrying! it might cause a sharp decrease in the crime rates.
This is EXACTLY why areas with loose gun control laws have less violent crime!

"An armed society is a polite society" is not just a quote or cliche' but PROVEN FACT!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
This is EXACTLY why areas with loose gun control laws have less violent crime!

"An armed society is a polite society" is not just a quote or cliche' but PROVEN FACT!
i agree fmj! if there was a ban on gun control laws and an enforcement on criminals breaking the law, then crime would decrease by a bunch. criminals do what they want without fear of any punishment fitting the crime. bring back public hangings and the electric chair!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #33

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i agree fmj! if there was a ban on gun control laws and an enforcement on criminals breaking the law, then crime would decrease by a bunch. criminals do what they want without fear of any punishment fitting the crime. bring back public hangings and the electric chair!
Ditto. If criminal control were better, I would own a gun except for hunting purposes.

How about that "story with a happy ending" thread? Prime example, guy was released from prison over idiocy, and broke into a woman's hose less than 24 hours later.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #34
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
The "justice" system, or lack thereof, is a completely different can of worms.

Like a say many times (especially this time of year in the upper midwest) I often think of going out and commiting a heinous felony! Why?? Hell, i would get 3 free meals a day, free heat, free A/C, free medical, free cable, whats not to like!

The only thing that keeps me from doing so is the thought of how it would cramp my trout fishing, deer hunting and range time.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #35

I think a big hurdle to clear in the CC lifestyle, especially when you are first thinking about it, is the notion that the act of simply carrying a gun instantly brings with it some sort of bad karma that surrounds you. Like somehow the gun is a magnet for evil and trouble to come pay you a visit and by not carrying you don't invite that sort of thing into your life. I know a few people like that, and a few are even my relatives, where they do kind of believe that being good and nice to others means it will be revisited back up them. While that may be true at some point you have to believe that the world is full of good people but there is still evil out there.

I could not live with myself if something happened to my son or my daughters or my wife and I wasn't able to do something about it. You do take on an extra level of responsibility and deciding whether or not you want that higher standard of care with you at all times is a big decision. It was a gut check when I strapped on my gun for the first time and realized that I would have to think about when I would draw and when I would run if the time ever came, and that making that decision would carry with it life long after effects. It is a huge responsibility and I hope everyone that does carry understands that.

I carry every day and if it can't be on me it is near me. Thankfully we have some great representatives here in Indiana that have made it easier to carry.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #36
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDawg48 View Post
I think a big hurdle to clear in the CC lifestyle, especially when you are first thinking about it, is the notion that the act of simply carrying a gun instantly brings with it some sort of bad karma that surrounds you. Like somehow the gun is a magnet for evil and trouble to come pay you a visit and by not carrying you don't invite that sort of thing into your life. I know a few people like that, and a few are even my relatives, where they do kind of believe that being good and nice to others means it will be revisited back up them. While that may be true at some point you have to believe that the world is full of good people but there is still evil out there.

I could not live with myself if something happened to my son or my daughters or my wife and I wasn't able to do something about it. You do take on an extra level of responsibility and deciding whether or not you want that higher standard of care with you at all times is a big decision. It was a gut check when I strapped on my gun for the first time and realized that I would have to think about when I would draw and when I would run if the time ever came, and that making that decision would carry with it life long after effects. It is a huge responsibility and I hope everyone that does carry understands that.

I carry every day and if it can't be on me it is near me. Thankfully we have some great representatives here in Indiana that have made it easier to carry.
AMEN brother!!

I have come to LOVE the Hoosier state mainly for our carry laws...the ONLY place we cannot legally carry is a building with a court room.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

When i first started carrying i felt kinda weird but still didnt feel like a war zone. Now it comes natural when i carry. I carry a compact so while its not too big or too small, its just right for me. With my tommytheis holster i can move freely without any restrictions and the gun stays "close" to me.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

AMEN brother!!

I have come to LOVE the Hoosier state mainly for our carry laws...the ONLY place we cannot legally carry is a building with a court room.
I'm proud to have Rep. Jim Thomes as my district's rep. He is even a member of the same club I am. Love the Hoosier state!

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk