Considering a taurus tcp as new primary carry gun

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Considering a taurus tcp as new primary carry gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Considering a taurus tcp as new primary carry gun

I started carrying a naa .22 mag but feel it is time to upgrade. My 1911 serves as my primary home defense handgun i have considered using it for everyday carry but it my be a little too big to haul all day. I would like your thoughts on the tcp as versus other carry options

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #2

Haven't shot the TCP, but I have shot an LCP and I liked it. I was planning on getting of the small .380's and ended up with a Kel Tec PF9 and it's small enough to front pocket carry. I love it.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #3

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Bought the TCP this past year. It did everything wrong that an auto can do - failed to feed, jammed, stovepiped, even ejected back into your face -- by three different people shooting - not just sometimes... Kicked hard, too.
Sold it.
Bought an LCP. Has never failed...
It's my most of the time carry ... in a back pocket leather holster ... even though I have three other conceal guns. It just hides well - and it works!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3059 Times on 1759 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Although the .380 has its place (and is a step up from the .22 Magnum), I still have some reservations using it as primary CCW.

My criteria as a primary CCW includes the consideration of confrontation with a 150# wild pig. If I feel it is worthy of bringing down a pig of that size, then it should do the job of stopping a 200# bad guy who is bent on hurting me (or a pitbull sized dog if needed).

Have I carried my pocket .380 as primary? Yes, but I just don't feel comfortable.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Lot of 9mm compacts out there

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #6

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

We have 2 TCP's in the family and both have shot everthing offered to them and worked great in the hands of the ladys in our family. Easy to shot accurate for a micro sized pistol but for a only choice as a CC. Unless you wear gym shorts alld ay there to many small lite weight 9mms than can offer a better choice as a all around CC handgun. If money is tight a KT has the PF-9 that can be pocket carried in most any pants and the lastest version of the DB9. and for iwn the KT p11, sheild , nano and cm9 and cw9 also a several bersa 380's that are a bit larger from the bersa CC to there high cap like the thunder plus. These can be tucked in with a quality iwb with most any shirt.