Considering .45 caliber carry instead of 9mm - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Considering .45 caliber carry instead of 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i agree. i am more being concerned with shot placement over caliber any day of the week! but i am also a believer in carrying the largest caliber you can shoot effectively. i have pistols that range from a 22 to 45, and i practice with all of them! but then again, i like to shoot also!
I hear ya. But if my little azz can put two COM and one in the tbox with a .45 from the concealed after a run then I believe anyone can. I will not and never have chastised anyone for their choice in caliber or firearm. That is as personal a choice as which tampons to use. But I believe someone saying that they cant control a .45 well enough to feel comfortable is a copout.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 09-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #82

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

That is as personal a choice as which tampons to use.
The perfect blend of "awesome" and "wtf?!" lol
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post
I am here for your entertainment.

Monetary tips are appreciated.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #84

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

I'm on it. I just put a blank check to "cash" in an envelope marked Eturnsdale with two stamps on into my mailbox. God willing, you'll have it tomorrow. That's Sunday, right
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #85
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
I am here for your entertainment.

Dan, was just about the same reaction i had too! that was funny!

Eturnsdale, you definately have some quick wit about you!

but seriously, even my wife can shoot a 45, but i know some people have an issue with them when they try it in a compact sized pistol, vs. in a full sized one. i had some reservations about my SA Micro Compact 1911 in 45 when i first bought it due to the fact, i had never shot a 45 in a compact pistol before and sinking $1200 in a pistol i was unsure of, even though i really like it was nervous for me. but my fears were unfounded! it shoots like a dream. now the recoil is different than my full sized 1911's, not worse just different. and even the wife has no problems shooting it.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #86

Quote:
I'm on it. I just put a blank check to "cash" in an envelope marked Eturnsdale with two stamps on into my mailbox. God willing, you'll have it tomorrow. That's Sunday, right
I wait on baited breath.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Dan, was just about the same reaction i had too! that was funny!

Eturnsdale, you definately have some quick wit about you!

but seriously, even my wife can shoot a 45, but i know some people have an issue with them when they try it in a compact sized pistol, vs. in a full sized one. i had some reservations about my SA Micro Compact 1911 in 45 when i first bought it due to the fact, i had never shot a 45 in a compact pistol before and sinking $1200 in a pistol i was unsure of, even though i really like it was nervous for me. but my fears were unfounded! it shoots like a dream. now the recoil is different than my full sized 1911's, not worse just different. and even the wife has no problems shooting it.
Thank you. I do try.

I can understand that. And there are ways to manage it, like lighter projectiles loaded to different pressures. There are rounds out there designed with the compact pistol in mind, but do not sacrifice terminal ballistics for shoot-ability.

Now I am sure that we all know that muzzle energy does not automatically equate to lethality, so,,,

115 gr 9mm 420 ft.lbs
239 gr .45 414 ft.lbs.

Yes the feel is different, as is the time, but the energy is relatively the same.

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 09-16-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #88

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
The .45acp is a proven man stopper.
Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren. Those are man stoppers and heart droppers.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #89

How old are you?

Old 09-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #90

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I watch a lot of old movies. I did notice you didn't disagree with me.