CONFIRMED- Citizen Shot In Las Vegas Walmart Was A CCW Lic. Holder - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CONFIRMED- Citizen Shot In Las Vegas Walmart Was A CCW Lic. Holder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1052 Times on 586 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Hey not judging. Just never knew any civilians to wear one, especially everyday. What type and level? Also, what side of Houston you living on. I use to live on the NW side way out in the country.
Maybe I'm just an odd duck.

The vest is a III-A ProMAX model (the premium model that's thinner than standard kevlar), front and back panels with velcro. I've slept in it many times because I was too lazy to take it off.

The vest spray keeps it from stinking. Trust me, you need the spray.

My wife and I moved last November from south Houston to northwest Houston for her job. Naturally, a few months after we moved up here she was hired by a company that has its headquarters in south Houston.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Okay, now I think you might be a little bit of an odd duck (your words not mine)

But south houston explains a little. Still not as bad as East Houston. Got lost over there one time and almost couldn't find my way out (I can't read spanish all that well)

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #33
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 918 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I am sorry this guy died. I keep wondering about his CHP (CCW) trainer, that signed off on this guy. I do this for a living. I have at least one class every week.

You think this guys trainer, thinks he did the right thing?

Did his trainer, train him to go offensive, and try to take out shooters in Wal-Mart? Doubt it.

I teach my students, to take any means possible, to avoid a confrontation.

In 32 years of Concealed Carry, my guns have never broken out above gun leather.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #34
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1802 Times on 1098 Posts
Likes Given: 2029

Surely his trainer did not teach him to go offensive. It is probably valid to say he should have taken cover to assess before approaching the gunman. It may also be valid to say that distance is often the friend of someone with good marksmanship. But we weren't there and he was.

God rest his soul.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 04:11 AM   #35
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 3043 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 646

We also don't know what his reaction would have been if he knew the Woman was there and involved. Wilcox might have felt he was going to prevent a Massacre.
True we don't know, we were not there. I might have paused if I saw the first round was not a deliberate targeting of an innocent. These folks had an issue with LE. They were going to barricade the store and Dare the cops to rush them?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #36

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think Mr. Wilcox did the right thing in stepping up to confront an obvious gunman in what seemed to be trending towards a mass shooting. I'm sure he was focused on the obviously armed man who had just fired a shot. It would tend to focus one's attention. He was unaware of what had happened in the restaurant next door.

I am sickened by the media-types and liberal pundits who are almost gloating that a CCH died and who are using his death as some kind of proof that an armed citizen can't win against a spree shooters.

My Motto: Vanquish Fear & Panic!
---------------------------------
My blog: GunGator's Gun Blog

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 941 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Given the circumstance he observed, he saw a need. He choose to step up and try an do something about it. Unfortunately for him it didn't work out he got bushwhacked. Even with the most experienced gunfighters that could happen. When the reaper comes he comes..

RIP Mr. Wilcox

Become steel or get cut.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #38
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1802 Times on 1098 Posts
Likes Given: 2029

Most of the active shooters that I remember were solo, looking for suicide by cop or by their own hand at the end. Had the dirt bag been alone, Mr Wilcox may have lived. The dirt bag was not alone.

The liberal media will doubtless try to twist this to show that civilians carrying do not accomplish the purpose, so no one should carry. I think it shows the opposite. The dirt bag had backup SO THE CC GUYS SHOULD HAVE BACKUP TOO! More CC would have allowed the other CC guys to see that the wife was a dirt bag too.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This