Confidence when carrying full-size .45 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Confidence when carrying full-size .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

A "for Example:" Guy who openly carries at Walmart(also wearing an "Armed Infidel" t-shirt) to me,..is just Advertising "that he has a right" to open carry. To me, there is no need to open carry @ Wally World. If someone WANTED to rip that person off,..they just made it easy for a BG to rob them, by planning to confront them with Drawn Arms(or worse, shoot them from behind) and take everything they own or just bought......Thats just me though...
Just wondering... Who would ever want to rob anyone of the stuff they had just bought from Walmart?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #32
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik

Just wondering... Who would ever want to rob anyone of the stuff they had just bought from Walmart?
You'd be surprised! Clearly your not From NY or never met anyone who is/was....
About 3 yrs ago a Gang of criminals targeted Women shopping for larges families All over Long Island...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
They probably would not take the stuff from Wally World, but they would take a nice gun which was 'visible' for their inspection!!! People have been killed for a lot less than that here in our 'civilized' USA!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #34

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A woman tried to hold up our local Walmart for drugs. She made it to the parking lot. A fellow from back east in Louisiana tried to hold up our local gun store. He was hit with 23 rounds. Never choose a Western state where everyone is armed to commit a crime.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

They probably would not take the stuff from Wally World, but they would take a nice gun which was 'visible' for their inspection!!! People have been killed for a lot less than that here in our 'civilized' USA!
Sure, this has happened. But, I would venture to say that it is much more likely that they be stolen from your home. Better pack them all up every time you leave the house! ;-)

Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #36
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2369 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post

Sure, this has happened. But, I would venture to say that it is much more likely that they be stolen from your home. Better pack them all up every time you leave the house! ;-)
Agreed. Lock em up or carry them.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You missed the point here. The safest place for a gun is on the person, CONCEALED! If it is visible to a 'criminal' it simply becomes another 'valuable item' he can take, by force if necessary!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #38

Liked 408 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Is it just me or is there something reassuring about carrying a full-size .45 caliber pistol?
JJ, if you choose to carry a full size .45, can conceal it and deal with lugging all that weight around all day, go for it. I found CC'ing my 1911 was a whole different ball game from the GI flap holster and pistol belt I carried with in the Army. The 1911's still my first love, but I rarely CC it any more.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

You missed the point here. The safest place for a gun is on the person, CONCEALED! If it is visible to a 'criminal' it simply becomes another 'valuable item' he can take, by force if necessary!
No, I understood your point. Its quite simple actually. I think you missed mine. In either case, it certainly isn't anything to get all wound up about. I just don't think your scenario is very likely, or common. Certainly not as common as all your 'valuable items' being taken by a 'criminal' from your HOME. ;-)

Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
No, I understood your point. Its quite simple actually. I think you missed mine. In either case, it certainly isn't anything to get all wound up about. I just don't think your scenario is very likely, or common. Certainly not as common as all your 'valuable items' being taken by a 'criminal' from your HOME. ;-)
'Common'??? If you are saying burglary is more prevalent than robbery you are correct. But what does this have to do with CC or OC????? It is more 'common' for a criminal to take valuable items they can see rather than valuable items they can't see!