Confidence when carrying full-size .45 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Confidence when carrying full-size .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Borrowed my buddies XDs.. even low its not full size, those big .45 ACP rounds are nice. Perhaps a slight boost in confidence knowing that the round is bigger and more powerful.
And myth lives on!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have a 9mm and a .45 acp as my primary go tos. I feel confident with either, because I'm proficient with both.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
The thing that makes me comfortable when carrying a 1911 is suspenders. I don't need kids putting stick it notes on me saying "Stomp out crack."
Yep it also keep the wait off your hips some times a galco shoulder holster is good

Old 08-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

And he was right, 40+ years ago!!!!
Yep he is rite

Old 08-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9guy

Yep he is rite
We open carry here so i dont conceal it anymore

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9guy

We open carry here so i dont conceal it anymore
where is "here"?? We are a right to carry state HERE(Arizona) but i usually only "open" carry when i'm on the UTV in the "Brush" around the "red rocks" or during Volunteer LE work when we are REQUIRED to do so.
I meet many folks who Always open carry,..but i'd rather not advertise,...just saying...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
where is "here"?? We are a right to carry state HERE(Arizona) but i usually only "open" carry when i'm on the UTV in the "Brush" around the "red rocks" or during Volunteer LE work when we are REQUIRED to do so.
I meet many folks who Always open carry,..but i'd rather not advertise,...just saying...
Right you are.
The element of surprise is the MOST important factor in a lethal force situation.
I 1000% support the 'right' to carry, without permission, open or concealed, but for 'tactical survival' reasons I advise against open carry IN A PUBLIC PLACE!.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #29

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

Right you are.
The element of surprise is the MOST important factor in a lethal force situation.
I 1000% support the 'right' to carry, without permission, open or concealed, but for 'tactical survival' reasons I advise against open carry IN A PUBLIC PLACE!.
I couldn't agree more. If something goes down and you're open carrying you better believe you would be the first target or then again it might not happen at all because of it. I just don't like that kind of attention in public places.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

Right you are.
A "for Example:" Guy who openly carries at Walmart(also wearing an "Armed Infidel" t-shirt) to me,..is just Advertising "that he has a right" to open carry. To me, there is no need to open carry @ Wally World. If someone WANTED to rip that person off,..they just made it easy for a BG to rob them, by planning to confront them with Drawn Arms(or worse, shoot them from behind) and take everything they own or just bought......Thats just me though...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Anna_Purna Likes This