Concealment in a hotel room - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Concealment in a hotel room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I always double lock my hotel door and I really don't think a hotel/motel manager will be knocking at your door asking you if there is a firearm in the room. Because you don't have a CC Permit, the thing I would worry about is what happens to you if you have to defend yourself inside the room and you kill someone with the gun. Will you be prosecuted for having an illegal firearm? I think this is something you need to research if you are that concerned.
Hey, thanks. I've been in that vocation all my life, so I have plenty of experience and I've done lots of research. Thanks for your concern.

Who's next?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #22

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
There are master pass cards for the hotel employees. The maids, maintenance and security all have them.
Really good answer, but if you have both the deadbolt and the door chain/bar engaged, no one can get in, even employees.

Last edited by lonyaeger; 11-03-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #23

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

I am a hotel manager. I have been in the business for about 20 years. I have run independant hotels, chain hotels, cheap hotels and expensive hotels.

If you use your secondary lock (the deadbolt that is part of the electronic lock) housekeepers can not open the door. Normally neither can maintenance. That is standard practice. That is so that a maid doesn't walk in on you in the shower. However, I have a key that will override the deadbolt. There is also one at the front desk. There are usually only a couple at any hotel. It is in case of a medical emergency.

In Colorado a hotel room is a residency, even if only for the night. You can treat it as your home. However, you have to follow the rules just like a rented apartment. No smoking means no smoking. However, if you are not a criminal and I dont have a sign posted prohibiting firearms then you have the right to have one in the room. However, outside the room is another story alltogether.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #24

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

I think the key will be to just be discreet and pray that you won't need to use it.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #25

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35
I think the key will be to just be discreet and pray that you won't need to use it.
I have to say I totally agree. I kept a handgun when I worked on pipelines, and other than my boss and room mate I dont think anyone even knew.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #26

I used to travel all over polishing concrete. Practically lived in hotels and motels all over. Each week was a new town in another state. Rarely were there signs stating no firearms allowed. Even more rarely were they legal signs, sometimes they were literally written in pencil and taped to the door. Its the wild freakin west out there, I personally think you should take it.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #27

Most if not every state should allow you to transport your weapon unloaded and locked up from your vehicle to your room. If you don't want to actually do that and do God forbid have to use it just lie and tell them you locked it in your suitcase unloaded until you got in the room.