Concealment holster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealment holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealment holster

Just looking for thoughts on concealment holsters. Both are IWB. One has belt clip, other is "sticky" material. I just cant decide!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Uncle Mike's vs remora?
Remora all day unless you absolutely must have the clip.
What are you concealing?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #3

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

For IWB something with clips for sure. I only do these tacky material holsters for pocket carry.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #4

A Taurus PT809. Gonna carry at 5 o'clock. I havent carried before so am clueless as far as holsters. My local gun store owner carries a similar gun with the remora and loves it. But then my cop buddy says the belt clip is the only way to go.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #5

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valechris33 View Post
A Taurus PT809. Gonna carry at 5 o'clock. I havent carried before so am clueless as far as holsters. My local gun store owner carries a similar gun with the remora and loves it. But then my cop buddy says the belt clip is the only way to go.
It's individual taste based on comfort and acceptability. Nothing IWB is even close to acceptable for comfort to me. I've tried pretty much every holster type therere is, they all kill me. Impossible to sit or bend or even walk without extreme discomfort and awkwardness. So I won't ever carry anywhere but pocket. I've even tried ankle with smaller guns, it sucks too. If my pockets couldn't handle a gun I wouldn't carry at all.

That said plenty have no problems adjusting. It has to do with body type and size and personal preferences and tolerances. All I can say is good luck, try them all and find out for yourself, because all you're going to get otherwise is useless opinion not based on your taste, but theirs.

Start with a super tuck! Only one I could partly handle. If you get a Remora or DeSantis, get the sweat shield. Uncle mikes is cheap and only really any good for tiny pocket rockets.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-11-2013 at 04:56 PM.
pioneer461 Likes This