concealment difficulties
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > concealment difficulties

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default concealment difficulties

So I'm a bit hippy not A hippy but hippy as in curves. The problem comes when I try to carry (i have a .380 Beretta BerettaHQ.com: Beretta 85 Cheetah Pistol, Black, 85F200, 380 ACP Calib looks just like that) I'm fine in the winter when i can wear a big sweatshirt but can't seem to conceal it in warm weather. when i wear it in a holster it sticks away from my body since my waist goes in above my hips, away from the grip. I don't know if i'm making sense...possibly i should add photos? maybe I should just buy a new gun LOL

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

You can consider an inside the waist band holster just in front of your pelvis (AKA Mexican carry, but with a holster). A loose shirt will cover the gun nicely. A belly band may also be for you. By this I mean an elastic holster that goes around your lower abdomen and allows the gun to be positioned anywhere.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could try this deep concealment holster, I have one and it dosent print at all and is very comfortable, even forget it is there.

Gun Concealment holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster

Layton

Old 09-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #4

What about a shoulder holster or one of those fancy back numbers? Are you shouldery or backy?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #5

I might have to try a shoulder holster. I would need to try them on though and i get no love at the gun store around here, just treated like a dumb girl

Old 09-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It sounds like you need to change gun stores. I've read where women carrying concealed have to have distinctly different holster options due to your body shape. perhaps you need to change to a slimmer, smaller gun during the summer? Check out several carry options and don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. What about belly band as suggested? How about fanny pack? DO NOT carry in your purse as that's the FIRST thing they'll go for & then you'd be disarmed. There's a bunch of different options available. Just try different 1s till you find some that works for YOU. If you try a holster & discover it's definitely not for you, sell it on gunbroker and try another type. My wife went through all that & found a couple that works for her.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #7

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Here's how Dodgegirl73 (one of our lady members) solved the problem;

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/show-us-you-ccw-setups-7950/#post98608

dodgegirl733.jpg

dodgegirl732.jpg

dodgegirl731.jpg

dodgegirl73.jpg

You're welcome guys.

Or take a look at the "Clip Draw" like I have on my Elsie Ahrrr (LCR).

I summer carry IWB at 1:00 Mexican.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 09-02-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #8

I wonder of the accesibility. How does she get to it and can she do it quickly? I talked to my wife about it last night and she say's there is no sliming holster, but I know she never carries on her person. Innovative, neccesity is the mother of invention.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

The way I figure it, if a woman starts to unbutton her shirt or raises her shirt in a sexy kind a way, you already have the BG distracted. With that advantage, the rest is up to you to follow through with what he wants. Release of bodily fluid through some well placed holes.....from a firearm.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm trying to remember which holster manufacturer designs holsters specifically for women. I'll try and find it and post a link for you. They are belt concealment holsters and they're set up somewhat differently to accommodate a womans curves.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams