Concealed weapons permit for Illinois

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed weapons permit for Illinois

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed weapons permit for Illinois

Just wondering I have a concealed weapons permit for Michigan am I still allowed now to travel through Illinois even though it appears that only residents can conceal carry now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxthor View Post
Just wondering I have a concealed weapons permit for Michigan am I still allowed now to travel through Illinois even though it appears that only residents can conceal carry now
My understanding is you can only carry in your car " safe zone" , once you exit the car with the gun on your person you are illegal.
Someone clarify this if I am wrong

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Nothing's changed here. The usual rules apply for out-of-state'ers traveling THROUGH our state - meaning you are only stopping for gas, food or overnight lodging.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World