Concealed or Open Carry and when - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed or Open Carry and when

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 458 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Because he WANTS to. There is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't. He wants to do it and thousands of other people do it every day without incident
I thought we were having discussion on pros and cons of open carry and concealed carry. He give his reasons because he wants to was not one them.

Quote:
Its that simple. Part of having rights is that we don't need to have a reason for anything (even know there are some very good reasons for open carrying such as in trips case). I don't need to have a reason to go buy a gun, carry it, or shoot it. I do because I want to. (in the case of carrying, you pretty much need to nowadays)
People have rights to do all sorts of things that does not mean its always a good idea.

Quote:
I won't open carry, but I will fight for others' right to do it without being persecuted
Why would they be persecuted.

Quote:
You keep saying people have the right to choose how they carry, yet you continuously dog on them for that choice. Why is that?
Yes they have the right to choose that's their choice and I have a right to think its a bad idea.

Last edited by manta; 05-19-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #52

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Why do you open carry if you can carry concealed.
Because it is a right, is not illegal (where allowed by law).

Why not? Do you cc while hunting?

Do you wear an oversized jacket when its 80 outside? I only have the one pistol that i carry, it is a service size weapon, there are times when it is not only uncomfortable, but also dangerous to conceal.

Last edited by phildenton; 05-19-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 458 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Because it is a right, is not illegal (where allowed by law).

Why not? Do you cc while hunting?
Yes I know its a right in some states and not in others its still up to the individual. The biggest thing you would be hunting here would be a fox and deer some do carry for humane destruction most concealed if just to stop the hassle of people ringing the police.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #54

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Yes I know its a right in some states and not in others its still up to the individual. The biggest thing you would be hunting here would be a fox and deer some do carry for humane destruction most concealed if just to stop the hassle of people ringing the police.
That is it exactly.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Why would they be persecuted.
You are persecuting people over this issue. you have posted the same BS over three different threads. You tried to pass if off as facts without any evidence, and then when you got called out on it, you tried to backtrack and say you never said it was fact, only opinion.

Quote:
persecuting present participle of per·se·cute (Verb)

Verb

1.Subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, esp. because of their race or political or religious beliefs.
2.Harass or annoy (someone) persistently.

Remember this?

Quote:
We have the sort of guys here as well as America that would open carry. He would be wearing a T shirt in the winter showing off the muscles thinking look at me how cool I look while everyone was looking at him thinking what a prat.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-19-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #56

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Open friendly state here, only do so when outdoors and not in large populated areas or cities. 99% concealed for me, and as far ad I'm concerned, for good reason. I'm very against open carry really, but to each their own.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 05-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #57

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
...just don't JUDGE others, calling them attention hounds, glory whores, macho wannabes, or imply that they're compensating for lacking in the manhood department. Because, they might just be a single Dad making barely over minimum wage with other, more pressing concerns than buying their way into the CC club, but yet, are still concerned with being equipped to protect themselves and their child.
I'm one of those Trip, won't lie, but it's not personal, just an in general statement. For me it's a statement directed more toward those whom have a choice and still choose to open carry.

Now you're no blunt tool, Trip, you can understand that nobody knows your situation nor can account for every circumstance that might place one on the other side of the fence. For you it sounds like more of a lack of options. Not because it's not legal to cc, but because it's not within your current capabilities. Totally understandable, regrettable, but, at the same time, admirable.

Just saying, don't take it personal m'friend, because it's not directed as such. I'd say you're a pretty well respected feller round these parts, and I'd venture so far as to assume in your personal life too... regardless of where your damned gun resides.

But I don't know Jack, Jack!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #58
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Pretty evident the arguing is not dying down. Say good night Gracie.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Closed Thread