Concealed or Open Carry and when - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed or Open Carry and when

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 424 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Quote:
Just a suggestion Trip, but you might want to look into the Ignore List feature of this forum. It could save your blood pressure a few spikes!
That would be just childish would it not.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #42

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That would be just childish would it not.
I'll put you on ignore, if you put me on ignore....
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'll put you on ignore, if you put me on ignore....
No I wouldn't go that far.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #44

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
No I wouldn't go that far.
Well in that case, I won't report you in our pissing matches, if you return the favor.

If we can amicably agree to vehemently disagree, we may as well.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7212 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 14703

I know you are but what am I?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
If we can amicably agree to vehemently disagree, we may as well.
We can agree on that.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #47
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
He's laid it out before, with several factors. But I would also like to see a comprehensive list of reasoning again.

Simple for me. Can't afford a CC permit, OC is legal in my location, and the local population is friendly towards it. Kind of a "why wouldn't you" situation for me.

What say you, Balota? I've seen several of your posts regarding your reasonings, but I'm not sure I have them all.

ETA: nevermind, looks covered
Since you asked, I have a CC permit in Oklahoma. Since March 2012 it became a permit for both OC and CC, though OC did not go into effect until Nov 2012. The local population where I go is friendly towards it. I know my way around town and know where not to go. I avoid the situations where my OC could become a liability.

My decision to OC is mainly related to my inability to learn how to CC effectively. I've tried a number of times to teach myself how to clear a tucked in shirt. I've destroyed one shirt in the process. At best, I am able to clear my shirt in one pull less than 25% of the time. When I do manage the single pull, my time to draw and fire is still about 3-4 seconds. But an average of 10 tries worked out over 10 seconds per draw with most of them taking 3 or more pulls to clear. By comparison, my OC holster draws fall between 2.5 and 3 seconds. (Still not sub 2 seconds, but I'm working on it.)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #48

Liked 105 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:

You are going of topic I am replying to the bellow post and giving my opinion note the word (opinion) in the bellow post. You are dragging in another thread that was locked.

On July 1 Mississippi becomes and open carry state. so before then I am trying to decide when I will carry concealed and when openly. Here is one opinion

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/open-carry-in-mississippi-after-july-first-one-mans-personal-policy/

I was wondering if others who have the (option) have determined when is best to carry concealed and when open?
Hunting, hiking, camping, outside of town i will oc, if im in seattle or tacoma or near a sizable group of libteolls i cc as i usually dont have time to waste on their stupidity. Nice thing about oc is that i dont have to worry about "printing" or "flashing". It is a legally protected right, and as such should be exercised, with discretion.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Why do you open carry if you can carry concealed.
Because he WANTS to. There is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't. He wants to do it and thousands of other people do it every day without incident.

Its that simple. Part of having rights is that we don't need to have a reason for anything (even know there are some very good reasons for open carrying such as in trips case). I don't need to have a reason to go buy a gun, carry it, or shoot it. I do because I want to. (in the case of carrying, you pretty much need to nowadays)

You keep saying people have the right to choose how they carry, yet you continuously dog on them for that choice. Why is that?

I won't open carry, but I will fight for others' right to do it without being persecuted.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #50

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster
I respect everyone's personal decision to either OC or CC but I do agree that OC draws unnecessary attention and if SHTF, it makes you the primary target. Therefore, unless I'm hunting, I choose and recommend CC.
Bs. I don't get this "makes you a target" crap.

Criminals are looking for the easy score. They re not looking to go up against an armed person.

Remember when all those tourists were being targeted in Florida? When one perp was apprehended, he was asked why they were targeting tourists. He answered because locals carry guns, I am not looking to be shot.

This isn't tv. The facts remain, and stats back it up, that armed people are less likely to be targeted in a crime.

But don't take my word. Do the research and come back with facts. I know what you will find.
Closed Thread