Concealed or Open Carry and when - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed or Open Carry and when

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
I respect everyone's personal decision to either OC or CC but I do agree that OC draws unnecessary attention and if SHTF, it makes you the primary target. Therefore, unless I'm hunting, I choose and recommend CC.
Once the poo has flew you really think a card in your wallet is going to matter?
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
In your opinion.
Oh for Piers Morgan's sake (that's you're favorite brit, right?)

We've been over this and over this. Opinion is what a person feels about situation, and can be either completely rational or incredibly irrational, and usually has a huge basis in emotion. FACTS are supported by evidence, gathered and and evaluated in a logical manner not overwhelmed with emotion.

No, manta, its not my OPINION. It very much appears to be cold hard fact. Don't confuse the two again.
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 2,021
Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Default

Quote:
No, manta, its not my OPINION. It very much appears to be cold hard fact. Don't confuse the two again.
Show me the cold hard facts you talk about.
Quote:
Oh for Piers Morgan's sake (that's you're favorite brit, right?)
No I think he is more popular in America he seems to like it there.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Show me the cold hard facts you talk about.
You've been shown, you refuse to admit it. And you know the truth is, something that doesn't happen, or happens so rarely that FTF members have identified something like... 5... instances of it happening. So, it's the absence of the proof that you've been presented with.

What amazes me so much, is that you obviously know how to work a computer... yet you can't figure this out? If something doesn't happen, or happens so damn rarely that there's like, maybe a double handful of recorded instances...that means it's not really all that much of a threat, now doesn't it? The absence of these events themselves is the proof that you're asking for, you just refuse to see it because you're trolling again and you enjoy pissing people off.
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 2,021
Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Default

Quote:
you just refuse to see it because you're trolling again and you enjoy pissing people off.
Just because their is little evidence of it being a issue when you ask for evidence on a Internet forum does not make it a fact. You said there were 5 incidents that makes it a issue for the 5 people involved. That tells me that it could be a issue but its not common if the reports are correct. The chances of needing to use a firearm is very low but that doesn't stop people carrying one. So people carry just in case so why not conceal carry just in case open carry draws unwanted attention to someone or makes them a target as has happened in the examples that have being posted. PS I don't see how having a discussion pisses people of.

Last edited by manta; 05-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
In your opinion.
You posted NOTHING but opinion in another thread and didn't post one single shred of evidence to back it up. All you did is try to pass off opinion as fact, insult people who do open carry, and got the thread closed.

So I ask you, do you, or do you not have any REAL evidence that open carrying will cause you to become a target? Because all we've seen is an extremely small amount of isolated incidents (some not even in the US, or by people who were actually carrying) where this has happened. Compare that to the thousands of people who OC, and you'll see that it is exceedingly rare that this will ever happen.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 2,021
Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Default

Quote:
This thread is closed. It has been reduced to personal attacks and arguing with no civil debate

Quote:
You posted NOTHING but opinion in another thread and didn't post one single shred of evidence to back it up. All you did is try to pass off opinion as fact, insult people who do open carry, and got the thread closed.
Quote:
Because all we've seen is an extremely small amount of isolated incidents
I would call them facts.


The thread was closed for the above reason. Note personal attacks. Attacks meaning more than one. Arguing means more than one person. No civil debate needing more than more person. So look at some of your own posts and others before blaming me for the thread being closed. Example bellow.
Quote:
asking for, you just refuse to see it because you're trolling again and you enjoy pissing people off.
Quote:
Compare that to the thousands of people who OC, and you'll see that it is exceedingly rare that this will ever happen
Needing to use your firearm for self defence is rare that doesn't mean you won't need to. To say its exceedingly rare means that it has happened and could again. PS As I keep saying people can carry what ever way they want they can look at the pros and cons and decide to carry the best way for them in their (opinion).

Last edited by manta; 05-19-2013 at 07:30 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I would call them facts.


The thread was closed for the above reason. Note personal attacks. Attacks meaning more than one. Arguing
means more than one person. No civil debate needing more than more person. So look at some of your own posts
and others before blaming me for the thread being closed.

Needing to use your firearm for self defence is rare that doesn't mean you won't need to. To say its exceedingly rare means that it has happened and could again.
You're so called facts don't support your case. The argument was, does OC specifically make you a target? You can't provide anything at all, other than a few physical truths, such as "OC means your weapon is visible". Well... duh.

And as far as attacks, I'm not pleased at all with the way you and my friend started in with the cracks about ****ing each other's wives and ****. That's about the point where I stepped out.

Why don't you just knock if off or actually come back with some real statistical data showing that OC makes a person a target? Because 5 or so cases out God only knows how many, does not reflect any kind of an likelihood or statistical relevance. OH... wait... I forgot.... I've already told you that several times, yet you just tighten your blinders a little more, and keep coming back to grasp at your nonexistent straws...
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 2,021
Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Default

Quote:
You're so called facts don't support your case. The argument was, does OC specifically make you a target? You can't provide anything at all, other than a few physical truths, such as "OC means your weapon is visible". Well... duh.
Quote:
And as far as attacks, I'm not pleased at all with the way you and my friend started in with the cracks about ****ing each other's wives and ****. That's about the point where I stepped out.
I think you will find you didn't step out you had around 8 posts after the incident you refer to above.

You are going of topic I am replying to the bellow post and giving my opinion note the word (opinion) in the bellow post. You are dragging in another thread that was locked.

Quote:
On July 1 Mississippi becomes and open carry state. so before then I am trying to decide when I will carry concealed and when openly. I was wondering if others who have the (option) have determined when is best to carry concealed and when open?
PS I am sure after reading the (opinions) the original post asked for he can decide for himself what way to carry is best for him.

Last edited by manta; 05-19-2013 at 07:59 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glock Certified Armorer In Occupied USA
Posts: 2,268
Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

Once the poo has flew you really think a card in your wallet is going to matter?
That is when it is time to open carry.
AR10 is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between open carry and concealed carry ineverFTF Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 8 08-31-2012 06:11 PM
Carrying open and concealed Seanbo123 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 16 11-26-2011 09:03 PM
concealed vs open carry JeffCooper Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 7 09-12-2011 07:05 PM
Open & Concealed Carry Vincine Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 17 09-05-2011 12:50 AM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM



Newest Threads