Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed or Open Carry and when

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Concealed or Open Carry and when

On July 1 Mississippi becomes and open carry state. so before then I am trying to decide when I will carry concealed and when openly. Here is one opinion

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/open-carry-in-mississippi-after-july-first-one-mans-personal-policy/

I was wondering if others who have the option have determined when is best to carry concealed and when open?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #2

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I live in an open carry state. I currently do not have my CCW (will in the coming months). However, I do open carry in a couple situations. Working in my yard, hiking, hunting, etc.

I am personally not comfortable enough wearing it in public places a lot....non-carry folks gawk to much at others that do it in my area...at least for my comfort level....will see how I feel in a few months though

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

My rule is carry concealed in all instances in environments that are not accustomed to open carry. Others will argue this, but I don't believe we should try to prove a point by open carry and making people nervous. Besides I don't want to make myself a target.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 05-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I like both open carry and concealed carry. I like in an open carry state and I will occasionally open carry and it doesn't bother me. It really depends on what I'm doing. Most of the time I CC, but its only because I haven't invested in a good OC holster.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCriswell View Post
On July 1 Mississippi becomes and open carry state. so before then I am trying to decide when I will carry concealed and when openly. Here is one opinion

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/open-carry-in-mississippi-after-july-first-one-mans-personal-policy/

I was wondering if others who have the option have determined when is best to carry concealed and when open?
I made it through about the first 2 paragraphs, and the guy sounded so much like a mall ninja, a la gecko45, I just couldn't handle it.

DCriswell, I'm a native Mississippian, from Sturgis. I currently live here in West Monroe LA, where I can't afford a carry permit, because it's been priced out of my reach.

However, this is an open carry state. I OC everywhere, and on occasion, I do break the law and conceal. Not proud of it, and not bragging, it's just that sometimes prudence is the better option.

Maintain situational awareness.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

If you open carry, you will be the first one shot, I read it on the internet, so it must be true

I do both, general everyday non work activities, IWB holster but exposed (shirt tucked in). Sometimes CC, sometimes OC.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 214

For me:
Concealed Carry - ALWAYS, ANYWHERE LEGAL!!!!
Open Carry - Never done it and probably won't unless I am hunting.

Where I live both are legal.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #8

Liked 103 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Hasnt oc vs cc been beaten to death on here and other forums?

Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My biggest Bitch and complaint on the matter, is that I would wish people to stop spreading myths about it, and if they don't want to do it themselves, fine, but respect other people's right to do it.

It's become very similar to religious arguments for me. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just got along and stopped Pissing on other people's chosen method?

Oh, I'm not pointing fingers in this thread. It's remained remarkably civil. But if any of you have seen my other posts on the matter... I could really care less what carry method anyone chooses...just don't JUDGE others, calling them attention hounds, glory whores, macho wannabes, or imply that they're compensating for lacking in the manhood department. Because, they might just be a single Dad making barely over minimum wage with other, more pressing concerns than buying their way into the CC club, but yet, are still concerned with being equipped to protect themselves and their child.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I was not trying to stir up controversy but although others have been thru this before, those of us in Mississippi have just gained open carry as an option. I too have been amazed that those of us who believe in the second amendment have been so easily divided over how someone chooses to carry.