Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4477 Times on 2360 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Arguing over what ifs is like trying to figure out how many ping pong balls you can fit in the titanic. Both are pretty pointless.

Get back to the topic of the merits of the holster.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-11-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Arguing over what ifs is like trying to figure out how many ping pong balls you can fit in the titanic. Both are pretty pointless.

Get back to the topic of the merits of the holster.
Thanks, much would be very appreciated. I have heard a lot of good things about blackhawk. And their serpa holsters but just would like someone's opinion who's tried a little bit of everything

Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #23

I use a Desantis pocket holster for my LCP and a crossbreed for my PF9. I like them both.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #24

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

Thanks, much would be very appreciated. I have heard a lot of good things about blackhawk. And their serpa holsters but just would like someone's opinion who's tried a little bit of everything
I really like my blackhawk serpa. Its very comfortable, the angle that your pistol sits is adjustable and it has a retention button that keeps the pistol secured until you need it. And the retention button is perfectly located so that you grip the pistol with a straight trigger finger, push the button and withdraw the pistol and your finger falls perfectly into the trigger guard or very close.

I had a hand me down Fobus holster before the blackhawk, it wasnt as comfortable and not adjustable.

Ive also had a couple of the black belt clip holsters, i cant remember the name of the material. I stopped using those because while running after our dog before going to dinner my holster unclipped and the pistol landed in a mudhole in the yard....mad!

I decided it was time to get a decent holster. Paid 30 bucks for mine but my dad has a Ruger P89 and his blackhawk holster cost 45 for his pistol.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #25

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post

And the retention button is perfectly located so that you grip the pistol with a straight trigger finger, push the button and withdraw the pistol and your finger falls perfectly into the trigger guard or very close.
You are using this wrong and are prone to a negligent discharge. Your finger should never be in the trigger guard on your draw. It should be out of it until you are ready to shoot. Gun safety 101. You are right though...the retention clip does put your finger in the right position. If you flat finger the clip like you are supposed to...when you draw you are indexing the gun the way you are supposed to with your finger on the slide. A lot of people have been using them the way you described and there have been a lot of negligent discharges associated with this holster due to improper use.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #26

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts

PJ holsters kydex iwb is very nice for my xds... 50.00
Kydex holsters by AC are very good owb for my xds and 1911 ... 70.00