Concealed Holster - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

exactly my point. that's why i felt any further discussion would have been wasteful and pointless.

but with his smart alec remarks, if he doesn't learn to curb them, the Mods will be more than happy to do it for him.
I sure hope the mods would be more patient with a guy like that than you are Sir. I see you in the middle of fights all over this forum. Cheer up Axxe!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well i can see that any further discussion would be a waste of my time and energy. best of luck to you and hope you don't have to learn the error of your ways the hard way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Any further, you obviously just wasted all of your time. Haha! Good Luck to you
He's right axxe, it only takes a heartbeat to chamber a round.

Unfortunately it may well be his last heartbeat.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I sure hope the mods would be more patient with a guy like that than you are Sir. I see you in the middle of fights all over this forum. Cheer up Axxe!
Oh he's happy....you should see him when he gets pissed.........then again, maybe you shouldn't.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #14

Concealed carry is a personal defense action requiring a certain level of professionalism and confidence.

If you are afraid to carry a gun in the proper PD manner, maybe you shouldn't carry at all.

Please take a look at this;

Read this before you decide to carry!

- orangello
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #15

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

I understand completely what your saying, but to be honest in my opinion If a guy see me pull out a gun I doubt he or she will keep trying but we really don't know that.
Criminals arent scared of guns, thier only scared of someone who will use it so pulling your pistol just to show it off wont end well for you. If your not prepared to pull the trigger dont pull it because when the criminal takes your empty gun and loads it he'll kill you with it.

A buddy of mine was nearly killed when a guy reached in his open car window and put a large knife to his throat. He had his left arm on the top of the door so the bad guy pinned it to the door. He only had use of his right hand to draw his .45 which was on his right hip. He drew it and pointed it between the badguy's eyes and clicked off the safety. The punk ran and my buddy got a new knife, he'd be dead if his weapon wasnt loaded.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Besides, this isn't his question. He asked about a holster issue. To answer that: NO, because when it comes to the weapon and equipment that I will use to protect myself and my loved ones, I didn't go cheap!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by undumb

It's called the "Tueller drill" named after Dennis Tueller. If this gives you a starting point.
Thanks! And check out the link below.

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/1779

Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7094 Times on 4271 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
then you're carrying around a 2 pound paperweight. do either of you expect the BG to allow you time to chamber one? how would you chamber one if an arm or hand is incapicitated?

in a situation that might possibly require you to use your pistol to defend yourself, it will be up close and happen very quickly. if you are hesitant about carrying with one chambered, then maybe you require more instruction and training or consider a different type pistol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
That's a good point but to each is own. Every one has there preference
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenz View Post
The debate on carrying chambered or not has been beaten to death. I carry chambered. Its what I feel is most tactical.. I gave up on debating with people about it. Everyone is different and prefer different things so I just leave it alone now.
I believe it's all a process. Us "newer" gun owners will learn to trust our guns and have the confidence to safely carry in condition one. Let's all be nice and explain to each other civilly and politely. You're not going to "bully" someone into thinking as you do. I'm not sure I would be ready to carry in condition one right off the bat. I know I will get there. For me, many things are a process. Let's respect each other and support each other as best we can.
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnimgood View Post
I don't want to get in the chambered or not chambered conversation, however I would like to see the video you referenced. Do you have a link?
It's called the Tueller Drill. Google it.

- orangello
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I thought this was about a holster lol, I just started carrying last Friday as a matter of fact and I will admit I'm not worried about it going off on accident (because I do carry with one in the chamber) my question is back to the holster, Is it a bad Idea to have the thumb strap or what ever it is called not fastened?? I stand in my mirror with the gun and mag unloaded to practice being able to draw my weapon and even when I unfasten quickly it still seems to get hung up on something?? I have returned 4 different holsters and REALLY wanted a pocket one but I guess my pockets are deep and it also got hung up. Does anyone make a pocket holster that may clip on the pocket so it won't drop all the way down?? It's a Taurus PT 738 btw
Thanks all be safe