Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed Holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-holster-83628/)

WillBender 02-07-2013 10:14 AM

Concealed Holster

I bought a nylon IWB holster for my S&W sigma sw40ve. i only paid 16 bucks for it but the reason i chose this one was because it seemed a little less bulky compared to a leather one. the only downfall i thought of was that it doesnt keep form when i pull out my weapon. i can get it back in with a little help. then i thought that why do i need to worry about putting it back in with ease if the only reason im getting it out is to use it. any thoughts or ideas? anyone had both and chose one over the other? let me know?

Colby 02-07-2013 10:24 AM

You're right. If it's a draw for an emergency, you don't need it to be convenient to put back in it's holster. You need the trigger protected while you carry - but when the bad guy is there - you don't need the holster - once it's pulled.
An easy in and out holster is more for convenience at the range or hunting, etc.

rferguson61 02-07-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 1127548)
... You need the trigger protected while you carry...

Ive seen this brought up couple times...i understand from a safety standpoint the only time the trigger should move is when you purposefully pull it...but its starting to sound like some of you carry one in the chamber...?

WillBender 02-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rferguson61

Ive seen this brought up couple times...i understand from a safety standpoint the only time the trigger should move is when you purposefully pull it...but its starting to sound like some of you carry one in the chamber...?

I would have to agree with you on that one, my trigger is covered by the holster and is also 12# for pull weight. Not to worried about accidentally misfiring especially because I don't usually carry one in the chamber

WillBender 02-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

then you're carrying around a 2 pound paperweight. do either of you expect the BG to allow you time to chamber one? how would you chamber one if an arm or hand is incapicitated?

in a situation that might possibly require you to use your pistol to defend yourself, it will be up close and happen very quickly. if you are hesitant about carrying with one chambered, then maybe you require more instruction and training or consider a different type pistol.

That's a good point but to each is own. Every one has there preference

WillBender 02-07-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

it's your life and limbs, not mine. to me a unchambered pistol is useless.

think about this. you're getting ready to get into your vehicle, then a BG decides to jump you and you have to fend him off with your non-gun hand, and pull your pistol with your gun hand, how do you rack the slide? you can't. so now what good is you pistol? none, it's useless, unless you want to use it as club.

I understand completely what your saying, but to be honest in my opinion If a guy see me pull out a gun I doubt he or she will keep trying but we really don't know that.

WillBender 02-07-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

what about the unseen threat, that's upon you before you have a chance to pull your pistol and is trying to pin you down or trying to stab you?

what if he's coming out of a dark alley? or waiting in the shadows behind your car and jumps you as you are trying to get into your vehicle?

there are plenty of other situations where you either don't reconize someone as threat until it's too late, or they catch you by suprise. the BG isn't always going to look like a BG and they aren't going to give you fair warning.

You can make a case about anything. I can say this BG will incapacitate you and your chambered round gun is a paper weight as well

WillBender 02-07-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

well i can see that any further discussion would be a waste of my time and energy. best of luck to you and hope you don't have to learn the error of your ways the hard way.

Any further, you obviously just wasted all of your time. Haha! Good Luck to you

beenz 02-07-2013 11:07 PM

The debate on carrying chambered or not has been beaten to death. I carry chambered. Its what I feel is most tactical.. I gave up on debating with people about it. Everyone is different and prefer different things so I just leave it alone now.

canebrake 02-07-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rferguson61 (Post 1127551)

You don't?

It's called Condition One. Google it.