Concealed Holster - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I daily carry my G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa. Favorite holster.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #12

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'm looking at this holster for my next purchase.

Theisholsters.com Custom IWB Holsters
I ordered mine last last night. Should be here in a few days.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Crossbreed hands down

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #14

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Thanks Crane, I carry my Glock-22 and my SP-101 in one of these that I made, it is the most comfortable holster I have tried for IWB. Just wondering how the finish on the Kimber will hold up as I didn't buy it to keep in the safe. My FIL has a lined IWB that is nice but there is no name or model # on it and he can't remember who made it.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #15

Liked 411 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBLTAP View Post
I daily carry my G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa. Favorite holster.
this is my suggestion also very comfortable and reasonably priced.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross
I just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II and am looking for good holster ideas for daily carry. With my Glock I like (crossbreed) IWB for the conceal ability, not so sure that I will need it with the Kimber, I also would like to protect the finish on the Kimber as much as possible.
You will find it works very well with the 1911. Very happy with mine.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 07-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
I just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II and am looking for good holster ideas for daily carry. With my Glock I like (crossbreed) IWB for the conceal ability, not so sure that I will need it with the Kimber, I also would like to protect the finish on the Kimber as much as possible.
I have the same pistol and a Kimber Ultra raptor II. I use a Nick Mathews IWB holster for both. I also have 3 more of his holsters. They are very comfortable and very nice leather. His prices are great and his delivery is about 2-3 weeks. Look him up under Nick Matthew holsters.

" Gun control is not about guns, it's about control "

" American by birth, Southern by the grace of God "

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #18

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Thanks Rigjumpr, I am already making one now, just finished molding the Kydex this morning. Going to cut the horsehide tonight I hope.

Stevetinman, these are very nice looking holsters and priced reasonably, might have to get one.

Thanks to all who shared some wisdom on this, This Kimber was a major expense for me and it will take a couple of months for me to get over the sticker shock LOL.

Now my collection is A
Glock 22 .40
Glock 26 9mm
Ruger SP-101 .357
M&P 9C 9mm
Bersa Thunder .380 CC
Beretta Bob Cat .22
Kimber Ultra CDP II .45
Mossberg 500 12ga.

I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand it.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #19
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1199 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 161

G26 blackhawk serpa.....love it

Old 08-07-2011, 04:31 AM   #20

I carry the exact same gun every day all day. I have a black leather blackhawk iwb holster for a full size government 1911. I cut the holster short to fit the kimber ultra. Easy to do and all you need do is leave some excess to fold over the end of the barrel. Simply cut off the end of the holster full size and leave about an extra half inch over the barrrel then stick the end you want to fold over the barrel in a cup of water for about a minute remove from water and towel dry. Then shape the end over the end of the gun and then let it dry. Its molded perfectly to your gun. Put firearm in a plastic sandwhich bag to protect from moisture. The holster is custom taylored for the ultra and very comfortable and there are body guard extension made on it that cover the hammer and tail on your body side. Plastic/kydex holsters for consealed carry SUCK. All of them. Dont use them. They hook and snag and pinch on everything. I carry every single day every waking minute. You would never ever know. Iv worked with people for years and they had no idea i have a firearm on me. If you do and carry how i do, its gotta be comfortable period. Its cocked locked and ready to rock and has been for years. I wear shorts all year around and regular fitting tshirts with sandals in summer and regular shoes in the winter. Im the unsuspecting assailants worst target nightmare. Practice practice makes perfect. The dead giveaway i have a firearm on me is my flashlight on my left side hanging from my pocket. Its part of carrying a firearm so pick up a good small highpower flashlight. Low light to dark assesment of a situation is necessary for you to carry Do not carry without a flashlight at all times.

Holster to use.
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Inside-the-Pants-Leather-Concealment,1151,1418.htm

Last edited by Gripsmeister; 08-07-2011 at 04:46 AM.