Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed compression shirt? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-compression-shirt-70318/)

Havefun 08-14-2012 07:11 PM

Concealed compression shirt?

I am looking to order a compression shirt for concealment. Does anyone here have direct experience with them? I usually wear over shirts, and like under armour shirts.

mountainman13 08-14-2012 07:38 PM

I've seen them at my lgs. It's basically an under armour shirt with pockets under the armpits. If you pick one up I'd be interested in a report. I recommend oiling your firearm and mags before use due to the placement.

Havefun 03-18-2013 06:29 PM

I have been using the shirt for a while now. I think it is great. No printing with a full size 1911, and comfortable.

mountainman13 03-18-2013 06:47 PM

Does it draw well?

Havefun 03-18-2013 08:38 PM

It took some getting use to, but I can draw smoothly with it. Not as quick as when it is on my hip. I can draw standing, sitting, kneeling, driving with no issues. My wife and friends have no idea I have it on.

mountainman13 03-18-2013 09:02 PM

Very cool. I've always been tempted to pick one up.

apwvsd40ve 03-19-2013 12:36 PM

I wear a lot of underarmour in my non work life...so this post excites me. For those of you that have one..how does it compare to some of the others on the market..some of the reviews I have read on similar items noted that concealability was an issue...and then cost of course..have not read any reviews of this specific product so curious to hear comparisons.

SigArmored 03-19-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve (Post 1182211)
I wear a lot of underarmour in my non work life...so this post excites me. For those of you that have one..how does it compare to some of the others on the market..some of the reviews I have read on similar items noted that concealability was an issue...and then cost of course..have not read any reviews of this specific product so curious to hear comparisons.

Just got cabellas self defense catalog they are showing for $79.

Havefun 03-19-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve (Post 1182211)

Mine fits 90% like underarmor, exception being the two pockets. It works very well for me. My wife has taken to frisking me to see if I have it on. I ordered mine from masters of concealment for 49.00. They have different styles, and two colors. I got the black V neck to go under button up shirts. Drawing took practice, that was a labor of love, but I can draw and shoot smoothly standing, kneeling, sitting.

apwvsd40ve 03-19-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havefun (Post 1182800)

Mine fits 90% like underarmor, exception being the two pockets. It works very well for me. My wife has taken to frisking me to see if I have it on. I ordered mine from masters of concealment for 49.00. They have different styles, and two colors. I got the black V neck to go under button up shirts. Drawing took practice, that was a labor of love, but I can draw and shoot smoothly standing, kneeling, sitting.

Good to know..thanks!