Concealed Carrying an FNP-45

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carrying an FNP-45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed Carrying an FNP-45

I am thinking about picking one of these up and making it my primary carry weapon. It seems bulky, but I honestly don't think it is any bigger than some Glocks, and people carry those fine, and it sure weighs less than a full size 1911. My question is, those of you who do carry an FNP-45, where do you wear it, and who makes your holster?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 AM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

My understanding is that the FNP-45 weighs in around 33 ounces and is only available with a barrel in excess of 5inches long. I am not nearly big enough to conceal a weapon of this friggin size. I fondled a couple of these pistols as well as the FNP-40 and there is a huge difference in size and weight between the two. I would never carry either of them though as they would be somewhat difficult to conceal. I am looking at the Ruger LC9 pretty seriously as it is about as thin, light, and compact as any 9mm pistol I have ever seen and it would not inconvenience me to carry it all the time. I did handle a couple Kahr CW series pistols and they had a great feel and VERY slim profile. I am weighing the possibility of the CW40 to give myself a little more potent line of defense...

Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Barrel length is only 4.5". You are referring to the FNP-45 Tactical which has a 5.3" threaded barrel.

FN's website says the width is 1.58", I think this is the thumb safety widths. The grips on a G21 is 1.34". I believe the 1911 is 1.2-1.25" thick in the grips, but the frame/slide is probably atleast a quarter inch thinner than the FNP and G21.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #4

I played around with one at the store the other day, and it does seem bulky, but with the right holster, I would think it would be ok. It might not be as thin as a 1911, but with 15 +1 45, it would almost be worth it to give it a try; I mean, that is alot of hurt coming down range when it would be needed. I normally carry a full frame springfeild with two extra 8 round mags, and with the fnp45 I really would only have to carry the gun itself, with one spare mag as a peace of mind option.