Concealed Carry while Dating - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry while Dating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Every girl I've dated has pegged me as a nut for carrying a gun except the one I didn't tell about it . I carried pepper spray instead when out with her. One day I mentioned that I was going to put skateboard tape on the front of my MkIII pepper spray canister, so I could feel to point it forward .

She responded with a contemptuous question, " What is the chance you'll ever need to use it ? "

I wonder what she'd have said if she'd known about the holstered Glock in the glove box ??????????????
You're dating the wrong type of women. I love gun range dates, if a guy isn't in to guns I can't date him. Plus I like for a man to know early on that I can take care of myself, just in case he turns out to be a whacko. (It happens)
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #42

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HotMama View Post
You're dating the wrong type of women. I love gun range dates, if a guy isn't in to guns I can't date him. Plus I like for a man to know early on that I can take care of myself, just in case he turns out to be a whacko. (It happens)
images76irujhg.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #43

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

That literally made me laugh out loud, and choke on my coffee a little
Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #44

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

This is a reason why I love living in south Alabama. Carrying is so common people thank you have problems if you don't carry. If you are in Walmart and there are 6 people around you chances are you and at least 1 other is carrying. Last i checked 1 out of every 5 people have a CCW. (not counting the people who OC.)Heck you can carry a gun at a school in Alabama.

I had a time ware I picked up a girl for our first date. Her dad opened the door after I knocked. After introducing myself he asked. "what kind of gun do you carry?" By the end of the day we were at the range.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #45

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
This is a reason why I love living in south Alabama. Carrying is so common people thank you have problems if you don't carry. If you are in Walmart and there are 6 people around you chances are you and at least 1 other is carrying. Last i checked 1 out of every 5 people have a CCW. (not counting the people who OC.)Heck you can carry a gun at a school in Alabama.

I had a time ware I picked up a girl for our first date. Her dad opened the door after I knocked. After introducing myself he asked. "what kind of gun do you carry?" By the end of the day we were at the range.
You can't carry at a school? Im pretty sure anyway. What part of south Alabama?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelms

You can't carry at a school? Im pretty sure anyway. What part of south Alabama?
There is no Alabama law that addresses CC on school property. There is a federal law that states you can not carry with the intent to do harm. So there for if you have a CCL and are CC with out intent to do harm you can carry on school ground. However a school district can make a policy saying you can not carry. But if you do not comply with there policy all they can do is git you for trespassing.

Just like any place that has a no guns sine. You will not be charged with any crime if you do not comply. I actually know a guy who told a Walmart manager to kiss his a$$. He was open carrying the manager asked him to cover the gun. He said no. The manager asked him to leave. He said I will after I check out. The manager walked off. As my buddy was walking out to his car he was approached by a mobile county sheriff deputy. The officer asked to see his LTC. My buddy showed him his LTC. The officer said "well there is nothing I can do, have a nice day"

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Loophole-in-Alabama-State-Gun-Law/sqABz1254kS-NuoFCbuSVg.cspx

Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

That's the good thing about the south. Guns aren't just accepted, they are the norm. When I met (at the time my future) my wife, we were 18 and shared an apartment as roomates at the time. I had a Remington 1100 20 gauge I kept in the closet. Never phased her. As best I can recall, we went to the range together a couple time to let her shoot it. After we got married, when I was trying to buy a decent handgun, she finally told me to stop trying to buy something cheap and buy something worth a dam. So I did!

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #48

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds like you got a good un GP.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #49

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Hell, most of the girls i dated had their own guns

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
That's the good thing about the south. Guns aren't just accepted, they are the norm. When I met (at the time my future) my wife, we were 18 and shared an apartment as roomates at the time. I had a Remington 1100 20 gauge I kept in the closet. Never phased her. As best I can recall, we went to the range together a couple time to let her shoot it. After we got married, when I was trying to buy a decent handgun, she finally told me to stop trying to buy something cheap and buy something worth a dam. So I did!
Man I love it here. Me and my buddies all started leaving shot guns in our tool boxes and trunks at 18. Hell spring brake about 4 years ago we pulled over to fix a flat. 2 cars that were following us stopped. A cop pulled over to see what we were doing. We had 6 cases of beer in the back of a truck and only 1 of us was 21. They checked our ID and arrested him for unpaid tickets. Did not even care about distributing to minors. They asked if we had weapons. We said yep shotguns. They ran the guns to be sure they were not stolen. Searched our cars and trucks. Then made us pore out the beer. Gave us our guns. Then let us go.

The next day in orange beach we got pulled over agin. This time we had a ice chest full of beer and a guy in the bed of the truck. He said we were speeding. He opened the ice chest. Said y'all are not drinking and driving are y'all. We said no sir. He took a quick look in the cab and did not see any open containers. Then said well your gauges must be off bc of the bigger tires, y'all have a nice day. Then he walked back to his car and drove off.

Needles to say we do not have much crime. Other than Prichard. That's ware all the thugs live. But everywhere elts is good ole country boys. And we never have a problem.