Concealed Carry while Dating - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry while Dating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Very well put. I dated a nurse years ago that wasn't anti-gun, knew me well from the ER, and was a casual friend before we started dating. At the time I owned a Monte Carlo with bucket seats. After I picked her up I warned her that if I had to brake suddenly a handgun in a range bag might come sliding out from under her seat. I didn't think anything more about it at the time, but she later admitted wondering what she had gotten into. About a half hour later we were talking about my short career as a LEO, and she later told me that was when she finally relaxed about the gun. A little thought and communication on my part could have made it a better date for her.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #122

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

When i was 19 my date and i were held up by some druggie with a knife i had a bigger knife and i took his threw it in the trash and let him go.i never go anywhere besides church without my handgun now that i am older wiser and able to carry.i got my CCW about a week after my 21st birthday and haven't been without my sidearm anywhere i go (maybe church) ever since.my date was very happy i was armed back then and i have never had any complaints about carrying.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #123
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

I started open carrying back in November when Oklahoma open carry went into effect. I now open carry at church. I edit sermon notes for the pastor before service. He said he had no problems with it. He said he never plans to put a No Gun sticker on the front of the church. I really like my pastor.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #124

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
As a woman with a CCP, I obviously wouldn't mind dating a guy with one. And if someone is dead set against guns and you carry, why waste your time? However, I haven't always been a gun owner, so here is one thing to consider: If you are going out on a date with a woman for the first time (for example, someone you met online), I think it would be a good idea to be open about your gun enthusiasm and CCP early on. Maybe even before you meet. The woman may be a little nervous already a) because she is going on a date and b) because she is meeting someone she met online. I know a couple of women personally who have met men online who were not who they claimed to be in person. It is normal and smart for anyone to be cautious and aware in this sort of first date situation. If she is not used to guns on top of being nervous/cautious to begin with, she could end up being startled or frightened when a little heads-up in advance could have prevented this.
Solid advice, In the dating ritual so many people put on a false front trying to attract the affections of a possible mate. Just be the person you truly are and let nature take it's course. If they are not the right one it will come out soon enough. I think this could cut down on the divorce rate quite a bit. So if you carry be up front about it...this goes for many other things as well.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.