Concealed Carry vs Open Carry - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry vs Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So....people say if you open carry, this or that is gonna happen. Yet they disdain this method of carry so vehemently that they sometimes actually call people like you stupid, and accuse you of aiding the enemy, and most of those people seem to have never tried it themselves.

And...people like you and my buddy who let the whole world see it, are reporting no problems whatsoever, and you're actually the ones who do it?

One side says "this will happen", but they have no experience in the field (maybe they're scared? Maybe they'd feel exposed as they would if they wore no pants?)

And the other side (your side, thou openly carrying manly man) actually has experience in this field, and says, "no, that just isn't the case." (But they (you?) still advise that you be mindful of where you carry and how you behave).

I think I'd listen to the side that actually practices what they preach, instead of ones monkeying around with "sky is gonna fall" hypothetical scenarios.

When someone says that carrying a gun on their hip actually caused them such problems as being shot at by a random thug because they were actually seen as a threat to their right to rob banks and rape babies, then I might take that into consideration. But it seems that the only people who have something bad to say about it are those who don't practice it, while those that do practice seem to report only that they do sometimes choose to hide their gun depending on the time and place.

Good to know.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #72

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkaiser1989 View Post
It was a post i made earlier about a knife wielder vs a gunman and which one is the bigger threat. alot of good advice here and many different opinions. After talking to a Sheriff deputy here in toledo i decided to hold off till i get my CCW. The sheriff said legaly we cannot stop you from carrying openly but many officers including local PD will tend to be more suspicious of you for carrying a firearm localy. He also said i would be stopped frequently and questioned as to the purpose of me carrying my gun openly. So after that little tid bit of info i decided against it. I want to thank all you for voicing your opinions and for your advice it was helpful.
Sure a cop might ask what's up...So...? People gett a little uncomfortable..? Again...So? I keep hearing some peopel don't liek a law work to change it. WEll, if OC is legal and I choose to do it and you don't like it pound salt or go change the law. Fact is some cops don't want you concealed carrying too. What then?

We don't use our rights they are more easily taken away...Just food for thought.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #73

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Monster
So....people say if you open carry, this or that is gonna happen. Yet they disdain this method of carry so vehemently that they sometimes actually call people like you stupid, and accuse you of aiding the enemy, and most of those people seem to have never tried it themselves.

And...people like you and my buddy who let the whole world see it, are reporting no problems whatsoever, and you're actually the ones who do it?

One side says "this will happen", but they have no experience in the field (maybe they're scared? Maybe they'd feel exposed as they would if they wore no pants?)

And the other side (your side, thou openly carrying manly man) actually has experience in this field, and says, "no, that just isn't the case." (But they (you?) still advise that you be mindful of where you carry and how you behave).

I think I'd listen to the side that actually practices what they preach, instead of ones monkeying around with "sky is gonna fall" hypothetical scenarios.

When someone says that carrying a gun on their hip actually caused them such problems as being shot at by a random thug because they were actually seen as a threat to their right to rob banks and rape babies, then I might take that into consideration. But it seems that the only people who have something bad to say about it are those who don't practice it, while those that do practice seem to report only that they do sometimes choose to hide their gun depending on the time and place.

Good to know.
Exactly, hard to know it all when the facts us they don't know anything except what they theorize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Sure a cop might ask what's up...So...? People gett a little uncomfortable..? Again...So? I keep hearing some peopel don't liek a law work to change it. WEll, if OC is legal and I choose to do it and you don't like it pound salt or go change the law. Fact is some cops don't want you concealed carrying too. What then?

We don't use our rights they are more easily taken away...Just food for thought.
Bazinga...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.